Red, White and Stripes



When I first looked at these photos I couldn't help but be reminded of the original 1950s Barbie. With her black and white striped top, red lipstick and cat eye make up. Even her short bangs and pony tail! Thankfully my body proportions will never equal those of Barbie. Did you know that if Barbie had been a real person she wouldn't be able to walk upright because her feet are too small and her bust is too large, among with many other absurd measurements. I still love the OG Barbie look.




Red cardigan: vintage
Stripe top: Urban Outfitters
Black high-waisted skirt: H&M
Red woven flats: vintage
 
 

Of course, I have to include a photo of my adorable Oozora! She just turned 7 months old and is getting fixed this week. She has to stay over night at the hospital so they can monitor her. I hope everything goes smoothly. 


7 comments:

Rachel :

What a sweet little dog! And you totally do remind me of that particular Barbie; such a great color combo. :D

gina :

I love red and black together! This is such a cute outfit. :)

xo, gina

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE :

Such a classically perfect look / color combination!

veronika, tick tock vintage. :

too cute! your outfit is totally reminiscent of the 1950's barbie. i love it!

tick tock vintage

Julia-Rose :

Those close look like they were made to fit you exactly - you look great! Sexy legs, too heehee

Miss Tallulah Porkchop :

A) That dog is so cute I could just die.

B) My mum gave me her Barbie from the 50s just like the one featured and I THREW IT OUT when I was younger because I thought it was ugly. Oh my, what a fool!

maggeygrace :

This outfit is brilliant, and I love the depth of field in your third from your last photo. Big apertures are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Anyways, thanks so much for the comment, I really appreciated it.
-Niklaas