Santa Cruz


   Last week, Matthew and I spent a couple days in Santa Cruz on a mini Christmas vacation. My sister came down from Davis and the three of us drove through the WORST weather on Tuesday night to get to Santa Cruz. At some points of the drive we were going 40 MPH because viability was so low. The fog and wind and rain tried to keep us away but we prevailed! We arrived to find a full house waiting for us. Our parents had come from Santa Barbara with Aunt Margaret from London, and my aunt and uncle from San Francisco had arrived earlier with our younger cousins. Even though Santa had arrived a few days earlier for most, we had lots of presents to open and wine to drink! When we woke up the next morning the skies were clear and you wouldn't believe the near death experiences we had driving the night before.


The old house we stayed in was really beautiful. It had been decorated in a rustic cabin kind of vintage chic. Though the actual house was quite big (it fit 10 people easily) it had a really nice cozy cabin feel to it.  

Matthew and I spent most of Wednesday wandering around downtown. We went in to lots of vintage stores but can you believe I didn't buy myself one thing. At one point I walked past Sophi of Oh So Sophi but I wasn't sure it was her and didn't want to attack a stranger. haha. Next time I will be braver!

 
 Scotty dog cardigan and maroon blouse: Forever 21
Denim skirt: thrifted American Apparel 
Necklace and black lace up booties: vintage


A few more pictures of the pretty little garden.Photos by Matthew Rice.