Jimmy Mack


My lovely friend Sara hosted a cocktail party last weekend. We mixed yummy drinks, ate some delicious appetizers (including an artichoke dip made by Ashley), and played parlor games. I love dressing up for soirees like these, especially when good friends are in company. I wish I had an occasion to dress up for everyday.

This dress is reminiscent of a magical 1960's cocktail party with fondue, jello molds, and drinks galore. I love the jewel tone colors of this handmade dress as well as its above-the-knee length. I purchased the brown pillbox hat well over a year ago but haven't worn it until now. I think the hat goes quite well with the dress, don't you? And my newest purchase is this amazing sheep's wool capulet. I found it at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago for only $10.00. I was so excited when I found it buried in a heap of clothes. I giggled with happiness.

Dress: 1960's Vintage
Shoes: 1960's Vintage
Hat: 1950's Vintage
Belt: Anne Klein
Capulet: Vintage







8 comments:

Rachel :

Beautiful silhouette! It looks like the perfect cocktail dress. :)

Rebecca :

love the hat, suits blunt bangs prefectly!!

maggeygrace :

I love the print on your dress! And everyone at the party looks so interesting and well dressed! All my friends like sweatshirts and uggs so I'm kind of envious ;) I never have anyone to talk to about real clothes, as much as I love my dear pals!

jamie :

i LOVE dressing up! i love any excuse to dress up :)

Chloƫ :

your hair is really lovely!

Chelsea Elizabeth. :

I am in love with this dress. It fits you so perfectly. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Out Of Runway :

I think you love mad men :)
I love your dress you look so good :)

check my blog ;)
you can follow me if you want :)

ari :

your style is sooo cute! love the dress, hat, and coat! okay love the whole outfit from head to toe ;)
xx
ari