Ribbons in Her Hair

School started last week. Although I have quite enjoyed the seven week break from my studies, I am happy to be back to classes and writing. In a mere three months I will graduate with my Master's Degree (and then I have one year off before I start school again for another SIX years). Yes, I will be 33 when I am finally done with all of my schooling. But at least I will be Dr. Rubin (hopefully??)

I had such a lovely day. Instead of working on my thesis, I procrastinated and went thrifting/estate sale hunting in San Francisco and Sonoma. It was a much needed break. After our hard days work, we made dinner and went out to Edinburgh Castle for some drinks. It was the perfect ending to a fun filled day.

This jacket is one of my favorite possessions. It is a vibrant 1940's duster jacket with flounce sleeves and amazing brass buttons. I found it at the Alameda Flea Market last Spring and knew that I needed to have it. The 1960's handmade olive mini dress is also quite a beauty. I think the detailing on it is precious.

Dress: 1960's handmade
Shoes: 1960's Vintage
Jacket: 1940's Vintage
Tights: Banana Republic
Ribbon: Thrifted





11 comments:

Ashlee :

lovely, lovely!
and i am so down for alameda this weekend!

GIRL AND CLOSET :

Adorable, love that dress paired with the green coat. Great outfit! xx veronika

Annie, Time Enough for Drums :

Whoah, that dress with that coat? So amazing perfect! I'm jealous.

Virginie Lavallée Bélanger :

Wow, what a beautiful view (and outfit)!

Congratulations on being almost done with your Master's, such a big accomplishment! And don't worry about age, I interrupted my Ph.D studies a year and a half ago and am positive there is no age to complete (or go back) to school or accomplish our dreams!

nsansouci :

I love the jacket and the dress. You are so stylish, as always.

Rachel :

Beautiful little outfit...and it's cool how dedicated you are to your education. :D

AA :

aw that's adorable! i love the way u poured those ones.
and 33 when you're done? well i kno it'll be worth it! :)

-AA

follow me?
http://iknowtheressunshinebeyondthatrain.blogspot.com/

Eule-Lilaanaa :

love your dress

jamie :

that dress is so lovely!! and i always enjoy pigtails :) good luck with school <3

Eli :

I'm just catching up on my RSS feed from the weekend and seeing all the posts you guys did! I'm still laughing over the photo with the creeper dude yelling behind you!

Congrats on almost finishing school for now!! How exciting! I'm getting my Masters too, but part time and online. I don't think I could handle full time and work, but I'll be damned if I didn't wish I was done already!

Charmalade :

This outfit is bursting at the seams with color and a hint of girlish dress-up fun. :D I love all of it, haha. Your outfit is very vintage-inspired, I imagine you should be in a 60s catalog skipping with your dog Skip. But then that's just me.

Toast with Charmalade