Shadowplay



I must admit that I don't listen to a lot of new music. I think much of my fashion inspiration comes from songs of yesterday's past, particularly new-wave and post-punk. Although I like to wear fancy dresses and skirts, I am also drawn to lots of black. On a day-to-day basis, you will find me wearing something quite similar to this outfit. Black dresses, black tights, and ankle boots. I also love this hat (it is definitely one of my favorites). It reminds me of Boy George during his Culture Club days.

One of my biggest musical inspiration is Joy Division (Unknown Pleasures). I first heard Joy Division during middle school but never took interest. However, I developed quite an appreciation for their talent during college. There music is about a decade ahead of its time, and you can still hear their influence in contemporary songs. Shadowplay is by far my favorite Joy Division song. I was quite upset that The Killers butchered the song in a horrible synth-filled cover.

Dress: Thrifted ($6.00!)
Ankle Boots: Thrifted
Necklace: Thrifted
Tights: Banana Republic
Hat: Vintage, Thrifted










8 comments:

Em :

Love, love, love Joy Division! I wrote the "She's Lost Control" lyrics on my dorm room wall. Your hat is cute and does remind me of those 80s-90s videos.

StylePicks :

Nice dress



StylePicks
http://stylepicks.blogspot.com

jamie :

i love this dress.. the print is too cute. and joy division = totally in my ipod <3

Rizzi :

I love that dress! And your hat :)
xo
CLASSY AND SASSY

gee :

i have been a fan of Joy Division for a looong time. <3
these pictures are beautiful.
i love your hat...i am always jealous of people that can wear hats with style..i can never seem to do it well! haha..the hubs say i have a big head.
xoox

Rachel :

Your hat is so cute! I love it with your dress. :D

Meghan :

how cute, I love this!

Electric Fantastic :

I am beyond in love with that dress. I'm also crazy about these style of hats, I have 5 which are all the same only slightly different... enough for me to notice anyways!