Fashion Talk: An Interview with Amanda from The Upside of Wonder


Your blog: The Upside of Wonder

Describe your style in 5 words: colorful, flowy, sweet, playful, floral


What made you start a blog: I stumbled upon a few vintage blogs a year and a half ago and just really loved the whole concept of sharing daily outfits. I had tons of cute clothes in my closet, but just didn’t have the confidence to wear them. Blogging sort of gave me the jumpstart to have that confidence to put together a good outfit and feel great in it! 

What trends or looks are you excited about trying for the Spring: I’m just so excited to wear flowy dresses again without worrying about tights or jackets. I’m much more of a bare legs, bare arms kind of girl, so spring is definitely one of my favorites!

Where do you find your inspiration: I definitely find inspiration from other bloggers. It’s so fun to see a normal girl style up a great outfit and know she didn’t spend tons of money to do so. It makes it so much more realistic to me than seeing a look from a magazine. 

Do you pick your outfits out the night before or morning of and how do you create an outfit: I usually create outfits after I do some blog reading, that way I feel inspired and have some great new ideas! I usually put together 3-4 outfits and hang them up together, so that when I have to wear something nice, I already have it ready to go!

When was/is your favorite fashion decade and why: Right now I’m obsessed with the 60s. The silhouettes of the dresses were just too adorable! I have a couple of 60s sewing patterns and I’m hoping to actually getting around to sewing a few this spring/summer!


If you could have/work in any profession what would it be: Oh, I would definitely be a world explorer! If only that was an actual major in college right?

Where are your favorite places to shop: I usually shop at places like Urban Outfitters, ModCloth, and Salvation Army. I also like going to vintage shops and little boutiques when I go into the city! 
 

What country has the best over all street style: To tell you the truth, I know absolutely nothing about street style! I see photos on some blogs, but it’s sort of different than my style/aesthetic, so it’s not something I’m a big follower of.


What do you collect: Hmm, good question. I collect vintage owl figurines I find at thrift stores! Hehe, I like to give them old lady names, like Gertrude.


Random fact: I name everything I own, especially if it’s an electronic. I have Theodore (sewing machine), Optimus Prime (phone), Diego (iPod), Rafael (camera), Gulliver and Lionel (stuffed animals), Lola (car). Seriously, the list could go on for awhile.

Do you cook, if so what is your most delicious dish, if not, what do like to order: I love to cook! I’m surprisingly good at grilling (much to the chagrin of my boyfriend, who believes he should be the good griller) and I love to bake also. My most delicious dish is probably the easiest one I make (and the one I make most often): cheesy chicken and rice casserole. So good!


What do you consider your greatest accomplishment: This is such a tough question! I feel like I accomplished a lot, but since I’m always striving to be better I usually look at things like “That was a great accomplishment at the time, but now I’m going to do something even bigger!” If I had to think of one though, it would have to be rescuing my dog, Olive, from the pound. I adore her and it always feels good thinking about how I’ve given her this new life full of love.


Do you think there is life on other planets, explain: Well, as a biology major, of course I think there is life on other planets! It may be microscopic, but it’s still life. Do I believe there is intelligent life on other planets? I kinda doubt that one.


What can you hear right now: My windows are open and I can hear birds chirping everywhere! Spring has definitely arrived in Texas!

Is the cup half empty or half full: Half-full definitely! Especially if it’s Bailey’s ;] 



 So much thanks to the lovely Amanda of The Upside of Wonder for taking the time to answer all my crazy questions. I love her style and sweetness. Her attitude is just what the fashion blogging world needs. Be sure to check out her blog for lots more inspiration.

20 comments:

Lydia :

I love what she says about blogging and how she picks her outfits. One of my favorite parts of blogging is definitely being inspired by normal girls with awesome style. Great interview.

hattitude :

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

i agree i love street style so much more then fashion magazines. Real girls, wearing real stuff. So much more inspirational!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

Michal :

Yaaay!! Amanda is zee absolute best. Great interview- really interesting questions. :) Amanda: Please share your casserole recipe. ^_^

Lady Cherry :

Great tip to select 3-4 outfits and put them on hangers. I love picking out what I'm going to wear :) xx

Steffys Pros and Cons :

great interview, i adore her blog!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

GretchTM :

She is adorable. Nice interview!

Star-Light :

great post..such cute dresses :)


i have read the book revolutionary road and to me it was pretty boring :D i think the movie is better :D


http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

gee :

i <3 amanda.
wonderful interview...i always enjoy post like this!
haha..amanda loves her bailey's.. ;)
xoox

MJonas_ :

your blog is so cute..
if you want you'll be my follower..:)
XOXO
http://stylestarmjonas.blogspot.com

Afaf et Marwa. :

I appreciate you visiting my blog !

By the way, want to follow each other? I follow first ;)

Meg! :

You and your Bailey's! Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?

Courtney :

I love The Upside of Wonder! Amanda is so cute and has great style! Great post and blog! I'm now following! :)

If you get a minute, check out my vintage giveaway here! :)

Love me...Love me not

GIRL AND CLOSET :

Fabulous interview, I adore Amanda her outfits + photography are SO inspiring to me. Great feature ladies. xx veronika

The Suburb Experiment :

I love finding and being introduced to new blogs. I love fashion but am more inspired by real girls - especially ones in vintage!

Jenn

Valencia Lia :

Such a beautiful interview and she has such amazing style:) Really inspiring to me to see other bloggers with their outfits!

Oh! I bought the necklace at Sportsgirl, it was on sales at the store :)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

A thoughtful interview, I also like the photos you chose to highlight. I haven't checked out her blog before so am heading over there now!

Nicole✗✗ :

Oh she is wonderful!! Great interview!!

islabell :

oh Amanda is so lovely. Great interview.
x

Meghan :

nice to meet amanda!

Amber Blue Bird :

she's a cutie!