Fur and Gold




This past weekend was a very special occasion: The San Francisco Vintage Expo. Twice a year, the traveling trade show makes its way to the city with some of the best vintage dresses, shoes, circle skirts, and pretty things. I eagerly save my pennies so I can splurge on some one-of-a-kind finds. Nicole and I started our day off early. We ate some yummy breakfast at Dotti's Diner and made our way to the event by late morning. We spent the next five hours wandering through a maze of vintage treasures, carefully looking through racks of Edwardian to 1970s dresses. I was quite good and only spent $50.00 (Nicole, however, was a naughty girl and spent much more). I bought a lovely 1970s floral dress, a 1940's circle skirt, 1920's buttons, and an AMAZING 1960s Egyptian print circle skirt. I am quite satisfied with my purchases and can't wait to wear them when the weather gets a bit warmer.

In honor of the Vintage Expo, I wanted to dress especially fancy. This 1950's day dress was perfect for the occasion. I paired it with a vintage belt and charming 1950's black handbag, two of my favorite accessories in my wardrobe. I purchased the cute little hat last year at the Expo but haven't worn it until today. (This often happens to me. I fall in love with hats and wear them so infrequently.) I am glad it finally made its debut!

Unlike last year, it was freezing, windy, and rainy. I couldn't feel my feet by the time we took photos. This may have been either due to the cold or the 4 inch heels I decided to wear all day (Note to self: never wear four inch heels while shopping again). Nicole kept making me laugh, however. So snapping a few shots in 30 degree weather wasn't so bad. For those of you who live where it snows, I am very impressed that you can brave such dreary conditions!

Dress: 1950's Vintage
Hat: 1940's Vintage, via Vintage Expo
Shoes: 1970's Vintage
Belt: Thrifted
Purse: 1950's Vintage, via Alameda Flea Market
Coat: Thrifted
Fur: Vintage, Thrifted

Don't forget. It's the last day to enter our Giveaway.

41 comments:

Megan Hattie :

Love this! The fur is gorgeous and with the print of the dress it's amazing! I just visited the huge vintage salon in Paris too this past week! Except I didn't really know about it before and couldn't really afford anything, haha, but it was amazing to look! Too bad SF was so chilly! I love it there but whenever I go it seems like it's windy and gray, except for one time last March when it was like 70...

Cheers!
--Megan//themartiantide.blogspot.com

Nicole✗✗ :

This outfit has a lot of charm!! I love it! I wish I could find some great pieces like this!! : )

Em :

Sounds like you made out like a bandit--all that stuff for 50 bucks...

Carys :

The fur is so glamourous!!!! Cute dress too, I love the print!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Steffy's Pro's and Con's :

so cute as always. i love the fur scarf!!! and the briefcase, just perfect. i just bought one this weekend for my bf but its a little more torn up than that =(

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

jessie :

cute, that green background is awesome! and the vintage expo sounds like so much fun!

chantilly :

WOW. seems like you scored a lot of amazing finds for $50. congrats!

Rachel :

Sounds like so much fun! And I love all the layering that's going on with your outfit!

Star-Light :

ohh i am so in love with your look <3


http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

Honor :

I love your outfit, it's so cool. Your finds sound really cool too :)

jamie :

dressed perfectly for the occasion. you look amazing darling <3

Rose :

What a gorgeous fur! I'm smitten.

Meggstatus :

Lucky, Lucky girl! I'm sure the expo was amazing. I'm planning on going to one at the end of the month, but I'm sure the San Francisco version will be ten times better than the SLC version.

And this outfit is perfect, I mean seriously, the dress, fur, oversized coat- and that hat. I love it!

Reckless Rekha. :

Great outfit amazing buys <3

Virginie Lavallée Bélanger :

Fancy indeed, and totally gorgeous too! Good job on your great budget friendly finds. I wish we had a vintage expo in my city too for sure!

Virginie's Cinema

Renée :

oh i like your style!!

Meghan :

this is so lush and fun, jealous of your city life ;)

Russian Doll :

Love your look! Kisses

Mariel Torres :

that background is absolutely amazing... and so is your style darling

Maria Ramona :

Damn! I wanted to go to that so badly but I didn't want to succumb to tempation as my wallet would hate me for it at the moment-- glad you girls had a good time though. sounds like you found some treasures.

Meanz :

The Vintage Expo sounds fabulous! I need to start planning roadtrips and stuff to find great vintage shops and thrift stores as well as check out the local events/places! I love the print of the dress and those shoes are so adorable! I cannot wait to see you debut your new vintage pieces! :)

- Meanz (Koi Story)

isabelle :

thank you for your comment pretty
glad you like!








drinkteabecontent.blogspot.com

The Cat Hag :

You are looking awesome, I wish there were such vintage fairs in Sydney too!! I would be there in a heartbeat!! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Karin :

gosh this is just so breathtakingly beautiful...I love it so much xxx

elanor, :

completely gorgeous look! the vintage pieces are beautiful.

aghh the weather has been so crazy lately!

X

Dime Romeo ????? :

Me encanta tu estilo vintage!!!! un beso desde Sevilla( Spain)

Pretty Things :

i love your style, its so cute and quirky! beautiful.

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

maggeygrace :

I love your T-heels! They're ADORABLE. I want shoes like those. Also, I love all of your layers. That jacket is adorable.

Lydia :

lllllllooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeee

Lauren :

Oooh, those T-straps are amazing. I've been looking for a pair like them. Looks like you made some great finds!

(I also really love the title of this post. I love Bat For Lashes, haha)

gee :

omg. that sounds like the most perfect time.
i want to go so bad. i would be in heaven.
ahhhhh... :)
you look stunning in this outfit. the fur is the perfect accessory...!!!
beautiful as always..have a wonderful week!
xoox

Shy, Chesterfield :

This is such a gorgeous look! I seriously can't get enough of it!! I'm jealous of your shopping adventures. Nothing cool ever comes up north! Maybe it is all my snow?! haha

Shy

Eli :

so cool! I wish I still had weekends off to do fun things like this :-/

islabell :

you look amazing. So classy!
I wish wish wish i could have made it to the expo, but alas i had to work :(

It doesn't sound like you spent an arm and a leg either. well done! it's easier said than done in those situations

i'm looking forward to seeing your purchases.
x

MJ {The Honeypie Archives} :

the stoll is fabulous.
so jealous
& completely drooling right now

jenn (+ will) :

um SO CUTE. can't believe you found all that good stuff for such a deal :) lucky girl!!!

augustalolita :

love your outfit!! gorgeous coat and scarf!!

Miss Jolie :

Fabulous outfit !
http://demoiselleaparis.canalblog.com/

Katarina Esperante :

the print of your dress is amazing <3
great blog :)

Helen :

Oh I love this outfit, especially the collar!

Life by Wyetha :

I am in love with that coat.