Lace and Paper Flowers


  


 Okay, I told you I was going to be wearing a lot of my new vintage finds from Minxy, and here is proof! Check out this silver sparkle fringe jacket I found last week when Jenny and I stopped in on our way back from Mission Pies. It's no secret that I've been lusting after a velvet fringe jacket a la the 1920s or Winter Kate. Well, when I saw this little number hanging on the rack I just knew if was the perfect 1980s rocker rendition. I pictured wearing it so many different ways, and this is the first physical outfit with it so far.
I wanted the jacket to be really be the star of this outfit so I paired it back to mostly all black. The thrifted She Bible dress has the perfect draped neckline and ties in the back. The boots are thrifted Jeffery Campbell.  When I found them they were in nearly new condition. Since then I have worn them to bits. I actually call these my pup pup walking shoes since I pull them on early in the morning when I walk Oozora at 5am. They are totally beaten up in the back and I can't wear them anywhere nice. But they are the perfect slouchy and comfortable boot. Hooray!

The necklace is one of my favorite finds ever. It came from last years Vintage Fashion Expo and has a an inscription on the back. The silver looks like  sunflower petals gently wrapping around the huge turquoise stone. My ring is turquoise too! I found that lovely ring at an antique store in Sabastapol on a shopping trip with Jenny. 



These were my very first self-portraits. I had the day off from work and while Matt was gone I took his camera and tripod and set myself up in the alley behind our house. Well, we also live behind a school and I could see the kids peering down at me from their classroom windows. I just had to laugh about it and I'm sure you can see the smirk on my face. I felt so silly photographing myself in front of all those kids. Has this every happened to you?

Silver vintage fringe jacket: Minxy
She Bible mini dress: thrifted
Jeffery Campbell boots: thrifted
Turquoise necklace: Vintage Fashion Expo
Turquoise ring: antique store
Leggings: Target


Don't forget to come by tonight to All Vintage Everything. It's at Mission and 18th from 6 until 9:30. The Hummingbird Girls will be there selling our vintage clothing and hopefully getting to meet lots of other vintage lovers. Please stop by and say hello. If you mention that you follow our blog we'll give you $5 off any $20 purchase or more. We can't wait to meet you!

22 comments:

Katarina Esperante :

beautiful jacket :)
i'm in love with that necklace too!

Steffys Pros and Cons :

wow the fringe jacket and the necklace are so beautiful!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

KARNOSKI :

I love your blog (:
follow me, I'll follow you back!
http://nocrisnoparty.blogspot.com/

also with bloglovin
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2232748/no-cris-no-party

with love, cris

Kristin Wyly :

Dude that jacket is total rocker perfection. I love that pattern on the back!

S :

the fringe jacket is really beautiful!!!!
xoxo
S


http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

gee :

beautiful jacket!
i love the detail in the back...
the necklace is another amazing fund i am drooling over..lucky duck! :P
xoox

Nikki :

what a lovely fringe vest! i adore it =:) x

Laura :

lovely outfit! your necklace is so cute!!
and yes, i always get a little queasy about photographing myself in front of people.

-laura
http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

islabell :

funny about taking those photos, i bet the kids loved that! You look great dude. The fringe jacket is awesome....and you thrifted new jeffry campbells? saweeeet. Also, no big deal...you have my dream necklase. I will definitely be trying to swing by sub mission tonight.
x

Star-Light :

gorgeous jacket <3

http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

Meghan :

wow I adore that cardigan, so amazing!

augustalolita :

lovely outfit!! love the fringe cardi <3

Diana Dang :

I love how you changed up the all black outfit with the cardigan and necklace! Very nice!

www.thewallflowerstyle.blogspot.com

Nicole✗✗ :

Gorgeous pictures!! I love the fringe jacket!

jamie :

ohhh! this is so cool :) what a great find love!

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage :

Totally amazing necklace, One of a kind.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Otis and James accessory giveaway

maggeygrace :

The details on your sweater are way too cute. I love the fringe. I also love how your necklace pops against the black. It's cute!

elanor, :

i SO wish i could come to the all vintage everything event. but alas...it's a school night... :( hehe. i hope you have a lot of success selling!

also, i love your jewelry in this outfit. so beautiful.

X

Dorota :

Your blog is realy great!
hugs
Dorota
www.jewellerybijou.com

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

I live across the street from a school too, I photograph in the patio/alley by my apartment so people on the street can see me when I'm taking pictures!

Love that fringe jacket, very rocker chic. I'm super envious of that huge turquoise necklace, I've been looking for Southwestern inspired jewelry lately.

Jenni :

I love the back of that jacket! Amazing. And you thrifted a Shebible dress? I am considerably envious.
I really want to take pictures outside, but I'm more than a little afraid of witnesses. :D

wardrobeexperience :

awesome fringe jacket. never saw a piece like this before...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com