Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head


Meet Cat Forrester. Cat and I met two years ago at the new student orientation for our Master's program. She was wearing an vintage embroidered necklace and I knew we would be instant friends. Not only is she smart and creative, but she has a wonderful sense of style. We often chat about our favorite fashion pieces instead of working on our theses. Oh well! 

These silly pictures were taken between classes on the rooftop of the Downtown Campus. Who knew such a beautiful terrace sat nestled on a high rise? It was a dreary day with rain and ominous clouds. But this gave me an excuse to use another brightly colored umbrella in my growing canopy collection. I have only two more months to enjoy this wonderful terrace before I graduate. However, I would like to share that I have not worn the same outfit to school/meetings/graduate related events since August 24, 2009 (I did wear a floral print dress twice, but I styled it completely differently. Miss Forrester took mental note of this folly). Although this was a silly challenge I set forth for myself, I have become a little obsessed with achieving my fashion goal.  In addition to my Master's degree, I dream of a little fashion award as well. (Like the new hair? I cut four inches off!)

Dress: American Apparel
Tights: American Apparel
Plaid Pea Coat: 1960's Vintage
Shoes: 1970s Vintage
Owl Necklace: 1960's Vintage
Umbrella: Thrifted

On Cat:
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Tights: American Apparel
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Hummingbird Girls (Thanks Cat for supporting the shop!)





20 comments:

Fashion Smiley :

great blog :) really like your pictures :)

I am your new follower, visit my blog and be my follower if you want ...
http://fashionsmiley.blogspot.com/

Nicoline :

Hi there. Love your blog, it's so good!!! Hope you will visit or follow mine:)

abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

Rachel :

Great pics, and what a wonderful way to meet. :D

Steffy's Pro's and Con's :

adorable you guys have such cute umbrellas! and lets not forget the clothes! great jacket!!!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

chloe :

props to you two ladies for braving the rain! It looks cold but it looks like you're having fun (:

also, congrats on not wearing the same outfit to school for THAT LONG! Very impressive (;

Carys :

These pictures are so nice, you guys look lovely!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Carys :

These pictures are so nice, you guys look lovely!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

All the red accents in this outfit are great, I like how you coordinated your umbrella too!

What fun to do a little impromptu photo shoot with a classmate, you should definitely get a style award for not repeating an outfit since 2009.

Masoom R. Minawala :

You have such a cute blog! Love your style!
Im a new follower :)

www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

jamie :

you ladies are awesome <3

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

You guys look great--and like you're having fun! Hehe, I'm wearing the same dress in my most recent blog post! And I procrastinate on my thesis in similar ways...

Meghan :

looks like a fun break :)

kate maggie :

Oh my heart just skipped a beat when I saw you wearing this dress. I have wanted it for a month now and after seeing it on you I realize I just need it! hehe. You look gorgeous and so does your friend! I love these pictures so much. Hope you're having a great weekend! xo

Laura :

gorgeous pictures! both of these umbrella's are adorable! you guys look amazing!!

-laura
http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

Emma :

what a beautiful dress and coat, really lovely xo

islabell :

"raindrops keep falling on my head" now, i'm never gunna get that song out of my head. ahhh.
i love it. you ladys look like your having a blast.
rooftops are the greatest.

Natalie Suarez :

so so cute! i love this red umbrella! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

going-in-sane :

I love the beige dress. In fact both of you girls look amazing.
On and thank you for the blog comment, it was really sweet of you.
I really like your blog, I am definitely going to follow.

-Ana, (In)Sane

Annebeth :

ooooh love the outfit, the coat is unexpected with the dress but it totally works! And wow, I wish I had enough clothes to never wear the same thing twice :D

Michal :

You look amazing (love your hair)!! I adore the colors in your outfit & an umbrella always makes things better. Your friend is really cute too. I want to take photos on a rooftop!