To The Races We Go


If I were retired, I would visit the horse races frequently, always dressed in my finest attire. Wearing my fanciest hat and pristine white gloves, I would slowly sip on a mint julep as I cheered on the winning jockey. After I collected my winnings, I would gallop into the sunset on my prized horse.

Although my dream is in the very distant future, my outfit does not have to be. This ensemble is my 65+ year old self channeled through some fancy vintage pieces. The lovely veiled hat was my Christmas present from Matty. Its grandiose details reminds me of a very regal woman from the 1940's out for a night on the town. The lace shawl is quite beautiful as well. Its precious floral design makes it the perfect layering piece for the Spring.

Dress: Thrifted
Hat: Sonni of California, Vintage
Lace Shawl: 1940's Vintage, via Aubergine Vintage Emporium
Belt: Anne Klein
Bee Pins: Vintage
Clutch: Vintage
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo






21 comments:

Rachel :

Wow, so cute! All the lace is beautiful, and the setting for such an outfit is perfect. :D

Steffy's Pro's and Con's :

you are an awfully cute old person, i hope you look that good when you actually retire :) great hat, it is perfect for the horse races!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Carys :

I have always wanted to go to the races, and you look so sophisticated! I just love everything about this outfit!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

SMASH :

The races! I've actually never been but a chance to wear a huge hat and dress up all fancy like? I should look into the track around here :) Also, I really like the little cardigan you're wearing!

xx
MILK TEETHS

Maria Ramona :

i love golden gate fields-- hope you had a lucky day!

Beatrice :

love this outfit! perfect to wear to the races! ^,^

jamie :

perfect outfit <3 hope you had lots of fun!

thebohemienne :

The lace bolero is too cute!

http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/

Phoebe :

love the little waistcoat, it's so cute :) x

Dial V for Vintage :

You look great, that lace shawl is fabulous! :)

KellyAnn :

that lace coverup is AMAZING! and the gloves are fantastic.
I wish everyone would dress up a bit to go see the races (or anywhere really). it would be such a neat addition to the experience.

Ashlee :

i've never been to the races...but it actually seems like fun, and an excuse to wear a fabulous hat! good job matt!

Karin :

this outfit is perfect!!! and I bet you were the most stylish lady at the races

Cole :

Love the outfit, especially the lace! I've always wanted to wear a big hat to the horse races but have never had the opportunity, yours looks fab!

blorange dice :

what a lovely black dress! i'm about to go to a derby myself next month, and my friends and i were just talking about wearing hats! (:

Meghan :

this is sooo cute, I love the gloves! days at the track are so fun :)

Ginger Snap'♥ :

Ah Sounds like you had a nice time These are lovely photos! Such a pretty outfit too.
Thanks for commenting on my blog im glad i found yours im going to follow :)

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

GIRL AND CLOSET :

Adorable, love this outfit, it's the perfect look for a lovely afternoon. I am smitten with your hat, so, so charming. xx veronika

Eli :

sooo cute! I've been wanting to go to the races but I'm working every day right now, hmph! I used to go to the ones in LA all the time when I lived over there, it really is so much fun!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

The black & white combination makes a bold statement, I like how you mixed in texture too with that grand hat and dainty lace shawl.

I've been picking up a lot of vintage equestrian and horse items lately, I'd love to dress up in a ladylike vintage outfit and go to the races!

Kathleen :

What a perfect occasion to wear a pretty hat! I've never been to the races, but it sounds like fun. :D