What We Love



1. Ireland
Maybe it's my roots or memories of traveling to this magical land, but Ireland is in my blood. Here are just a few of the things I love about The Emerald Isle... The lush rolling hills of never ending green. Thatched cottages. Sheep and cows in fields surrounded by little stone walls that are just the right height for scampering over.  Old graveyards with ivy overgrown tombstones and angels. Drinking hot tea to the sound of rain pattering on the glass. Cobblestones. Farmers and fishermen. Little old ladies with flowered aprons. Hidden worlds for me to discover and faeries whispering in my ear for me to return. -Annalise-

 
2. The Secret of Roan Inish
Set on the west coast of Ireland, The Secret of Roan Inish is about Fiona, who is sent to live with her Grandparents near the island of Roan Inish. There, legend has it that her younger brother was swept away in his infancy and raised by a selkie-seals that can shed their skins to become human. The film has such beautiful imagery and evokes a mysterious haunting kind of mood. I loved watching this film when I was younger. Little Fiona is just adorable and has a lovely country wardrobe. Wool sweaters, sweetly collared dresses and bows in her wind blown hair. -Annalise- 


3. The Cranberries

I think at one time I was able to sing every single word from The Cranberries albums, "There's No Need to Argue" and To the Faithful Departed".  Dolores O'Riordan has such a memorable voice and I loved to sing along, especially to "Zombie" and "When You're Gone". Though it's been a while since I sat through a listen to an entire album I can still sing along when an old favorite comes on the radio. Dolores's adorable platinum blond pixie haircut and thick black eye make up went perfectly with her babydoll dresses and combat boots.  "And in the night, I could be helpless, I could be lonely, sleeping without you. And in the day, everything's complex, There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you."
-Annalise-

4. Grassdoe

I recently discovered the blog Grassdoe and I have fallen in love with the vivid imagery. The mastermind behind the site- photographer Jonathan Levitt- captures everyday experiences. From a casual walk through the woods to playing fetch, the photographs express mundane activities that collectively make life captivating. -Jenny-

5. ASOS Spring 2011

The union of luxurious fabrics and excellent craftsmanship make ASOS Spring 2011 lookbook one of my favorites for the upcoming season. I am particularly drawn to the muted colors, the floor length skirts, fluid dresses, and soft  pleats of many of their garments. The two dresses featured above are some of the strongest pieces of their current collection. I could imagine myself wearing these dresses on a bohemian-inspired adventure during my upcoming vacation to the desert. -Jenny-


6. Swedish Hasbeens
I love the 1970s inspired design, colorful details, and clog heel of Swedish Hasbeens. However, I currently can't afford the hefty price tag. I have been scouring thrift stores for the vintage version of Swedish Hasbeens and have had a great deal of luck. My two favorite shoes are currently a clog sandal and a navy blue platform shoe from the 1970s that are strikingly similar to the iconic brand. I couldn't be more happy to wear them in the Spring! -Jenny-




And Don't forget to enter our Giveaway.

20 comments:

Erika :

Perfect inspiration post! I adore the Cranberries as well, they're one of my favorites!

Steffy's Pro's and Con's :

i want to go to ireland so badly it looks gorgeous!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

She is Sara :

What a beautiful post! I loved all the images and I like the Cranberries a lot :)

Stolen from Grandma :

i love this post, truly inspirational <3

thanks for such a lovely comment on my blog too :) im following you now, your blog is just darling! xxx

gee :

well being 28..i grew up with the cranberries.
i absolutely adore them.
i have all their cd's and a few cassettes..haha.
linger, dreams, and when your gone are my favorites.
they got me through a lot of middle school and jr high..
:P

Rosie :

Lovely post! I've always wanted to go to Ireland and should do really as it's not that far away. I desperately want a pair of hasbeens too.
Thanks for your comment - following now,

Rosie x

kristin :

Great post, full of beauty! Thanks:)

Maria Ramona :

After every single thing I was like, "me too! me, too!" I couldn't have put together a better list.

annalise- a puppy date is definitely in order one of these days if this rain ever stops-- ('baby dog' is such a priss and cannot stand getting wet!)

Mandy Holstein :

Love it all! That first picture is incredible!

http://www.colormebluefashion.com

Noelle :

Awesome Irish themed posts! I loved the Secret of Roan Inish... thanks for reminding me of it! It will be the perfect movie to watch on this rainy day. Ireland looks so beautiful... I would love to travel there someday soon.

Annebeth :

if you love swedish hasbeens you should google lotta from stockholm, seriously, DO IT NOW

they sell adorable clogs for a fraction of the price of those SHs, and still VERY cute and good quality (I ordered off them myself). Be sure to check out their sale section, I got my pair of clogs for 33 euros! and if you want higher heeled clogs: google magubas, GREAT clogs but a bit more expensive than those from lotta from stockholm. Still much cheaper than SHs though, and you can DESIGN YOUR OWN CLOG there!!

Penny :

i love cranberries and i really have to go to ireland...it is so close to manchester and nwhile i m still here i should visit asap!!

Nicole✗✗ :

Oh Ireland is so beautiful!! I love The Cranberries!!

Libby, Vintage Aplomb :

I also love the Cranberries! My boyfriend just got me a pair of shoes from Urban Outfitters that look similar to Swedish Hasbeens but are much more affordable! I love them, maybe you'll want to check them out!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

You're so lucky to have found vintage shoes that resemble Hasbeens... I've been looking for a while but have come away empty handed. I'll probably break down and buy a pair from UO that look similar or see if I can score a pair from H & M when they collaborate with Swedish Hasbeens in April.

Francesca :

ASOS spring <3 great post. you have a lovely blog!

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com x

A Certain Vintage :

great list, most of all because it's Irish love ;) I agree, beautiful country!!
xox

Reckless Rekha. :

ohmy those Asos spring collection are jaw dropping! great blog <3

Kirsty :

Great post!

Jaclyn Barr :

Those red shoes are at Urban right now for 39$. They are too narrow for my feet, maybe they will fit yours. BTW...I love this post/and your blog.