What We Love

 

1. N.E.E.T. Magazine
I've been following and reading N.E.E.T. since the very first issue came out online and it's always been a fun, inspiring magazine that I'm excited to read. I love the fact that if you see something you like, all you have to do is click on it and you're taken straight to the website where you can purchase the item. There are beautiful photoshoots, street style pictures from all over the world and lots of small independent vintage sellers. If you haven't seen this magazine yet, I highly suggest you check it out here: N.E.E.T. -Annalise-

2. Stars
  Stars is one of my all time favorite bands. I have seen them live three times now and would love to see them again. Hailing from Canada, all of the members of the band are also members of Broken Social Scene. The music is so soft and dreamy, they have great beats and incredible lyrics.  -Annalise-

3. Kris Atomic Illustrations
   Kris Atomic, also known as Kristina, is an illustrator, photographer and artist. She has an amazing portfolio and blog as well. The ladies and gentlemen that she paints are so sweet and cute. The fashion illustrations are wonderful as well.  -Annalise-

4. Alejandro Jodorowsky
Alejandro Jodorowsky is a Chilean playwright, filmaker, composer, actor, and artist. He is the mastermind behind the films El Topo (1970), The Holy Mountain (1973), and Santa Sangre (1989). His stylistic approach to film incorporates bold colors, desolate landscapes, and vivid imagery. My favorite film- El Topo- is the story of a wandering bandit and gunslinger in search of spiritual enlightenment.  Jodorowsky says, "I ask of a film of what North Americans ask of psychedelic drugs. The difference being that when one creates a psychedelic film, he need not create a film that shows visions of the person taking the pill; rather, he need to manufacture the pill." -Jenny-

5. David Hamilton

David Hamilton's pictures capture an ethereal beauty that is reminiscent of Springtime in the 1970s. He pioneered the soft focus style of photography, giving his pictures a dreamy and grainy aesthetic. Many of his pictures remind me an impressionist oil painting. Don't you agree? -Jenny-

6. Sissy from Badlands
Sissy Spacek is a beauty in the 1973 film Badlands. The film is a dramatization of the Starkweather-Fugate killing spree of the 1950's, in which a teenage girl and her boyfriend slaughter their entire family  and several others in the Dakota badlands. Gruesome, yes. But Sissy looks lovely in her 1970s prairie dresses and perfectly wavy hair. A must see, especially if you love horror films as much as I do. -Jenny-

12 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons :

i love Stars! I saw them live with Death Cab when they were hardly known a few years back!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Maria Ramona :

Badlands is such a great movie-- I need to watch it again, it's been a while, but I do remember how young and pretty sissy spacek looked (and how the beginning was so disturbing with that couple locked in that cellar! I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it!).
thanks for the reminder my dear!

Jessica / Lola Vintage Clothing :

I'm CRAZY about Sissy Spacek, love your blog and thanks for stopping by mine. :)

Amber Blue Bird :

I am going to have to check out Badlands, Sissy never disappoints

Jade Berry. :

i've only just discoverd the band stars! they're great!
http://jadeberrys.blogspot.com/

Lydia :

Sissy! I saw her once, just last year actually, because she lives about an hour away from here and came to my friend's band's show. Very random.

Toast :

Stars!!! I love them because a friend of mine loved them. Love by proxy, I can't be the only one who's fallen under that?

And that one illustration that Kris Atomic did of "bitchface" was hilarious and more than a little true. xD

Toast with TOAST

islabell :

i just love stars....elevator love letter, whats up?!

its stunning out, if you guys are in the hood, ethans having a bbq at his house, you should swing by.


x

TheMadTwins :

The illustration is sooo beautiful :D

xxx London & Paris

GretchTM :

This is a great post. Kris Atomic looks very talented. I'm going to have to check out the site!

Meghan :

thank you for the recommendations, I'm downloading Stars right meow

Zelina Garza :

i love stars. not too many people know of them so kudos!