Swap-tastic!

ErinJames, me and Ashley.
Thursday night was a whirlwind of fashion, friends and fun times at The Swapaholics Clothing Swap! Let the above photograph attest to the fact that we may have had more than our fair share of the wine and hors d'oeuvres before the swapping commenced. Some of us where more interested in chatting, catching up with old friends and meeting new blogger lovelies rather than pushing and shoving to get some new to us clothes. I'm sure that fun was had by all and a big thanks goes out to The Swapaholics and Lulu's for putting on such a fun event. 

Ashley, in her gorgeous lace dress and flower crown, met me at After Life in the Mission after work and we started off in the direction of the swap. We weren't quite sure where we were going when we stopped to snap some outfit pics but we soon saw two cute girls with tote bags filled with clothes. We wrapped up our impromptu fashion shoot and ran to follow the girls across the street before they disappeared. Luckily a brightly colored bunch of balloons let us know that we were at the right place. Once inside we were led by the lovely hostess Punky to the upstairs blogger meet up. There were so many fabulously dressed ladies and lots of smiling faces. I've got so many pictures to share of our fun filled evening. 

Cardigan: Thrifted
Dress: Thrifted Luella for Target
Bag: Thrifted
Necklace: Gift 
Boots: Thrifted 


Here are my fabulous swap finds. A darling floral print pleated skirt, the striped top you saw in this post and a velvet rose print skirt, divine!  
Ashley and I are very unsure about all the pushing and grabbing. I look terribly concerned! haha.
Elizabeth, Ashley, me and Erin
The darling Kathleen.
Erin, James and me discussing Instagram. 
My favorite picture of the entire night. It's no secret I adore children and James' daughter Gemma Bird was just the sweetest little lady I met all night. I absolutely LOVE all the happy smiles in this photo and think it sums up the night perfectly. Lots of love to all the darlings I met that night! XOXO

21 comments:

Megan Hattie :

This looks like such a fun event, I'd love to go to something like this! The first picture is adorable, all of your outfits are great! Awesome necklace and sweater!

cheers,
--Megan//The Martian Tide

vanda :

Hello my dear, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!! When I saw that you do Swap clothes parties,etc, I was really excited. I live in Greece, and they do these things in big cities like Athens, Salonica,etc. But I live in the island of Crete and would like to do something like you do! Clothes, girls, party, swap-not shop!!! Love it! I will follow you & get your advices!!! What do you think?

Rachel :

Looks like such a great event! I've never been to a clothing swap before, but it sounds really fun. :D

Monique :

Looks like you had a great time! Love the photos and so great to see all these familiar faces!

Vanessa, Take only Memories :

This looks like sooo much fun! I would have loved to go! Great photos :)

Jazzy E (hivenn) :

This is such a beautiful post. Love all of these. x hivenn

Erika :

Wow, you all look amazing! Such fun it must have been!

JennaStevie :

What an awesome event, that first picture of the four of you is so awesome! Looks like a lot of fun
I really love your dress and that cardigan, gorgeous.
xJennaD

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. :

Looks like a blast and you got amazing,versatile pieces!

XO
Lenore

Dresses for Dinner :

Beautiful look and this looks like so much fun!

Steffys Pros and Cons :

i WISH i lived near you ladies! i love posts when blgogers are altogether, i feel so left out all the way in miami :) or i should say.. :( !!

elanor, :

aww looks like so much fun! i'm jealous! i'm sad that i missed this! & that last picture is priceless...beyond adorable!
x

HazelandMare :

That looks like so much fun! That last picture is completely precious- I love her blog too!

Glad you had a fun time!

Amber Blue Bird :

looks like a stellar event attending by such pretty ladies. Love that last picture

Lydia :

This looks like a lot of fun, and how cute are those little balloon letters?

Wyetha :

that sounds like a stellar idea + and probably more cost effective + plus your recycling + good stuff.

Wyeth

Kellie W. :

What a fun idea! I love the skirts you picked out, and all of you look wonderful!

29 Skirts :

Oh, man, this looks SO COOL! Your swap finds rock, and I love the cardigan you're wearing in this post.

islabell :

looks like fun lady!
Lets grab coffee and pop into salvo's this weekend...Saturday?

x

Kathleen :

Oh man, I love these photos! What a crazy night!I love the things you found. You have such a good eye for that stuff, considering all the chaos going on. :)

Caitlin :

lucky! i wish we had swaps up here in western new york. i don't even know any bloggers around here!