Camp Sweeney Ridge


in window
I never got to go to summer camp in the woods, but I've been inspired by all the vintage camping pictures I see. Growing up, my family spent many summers camping all up and down the California coast. Sometimes we stayed in cabins in Shaver Lake and spent our days on boats, stopping along the shores of deserted beaches. Other times we pitched our tents in campgrounds around Lassen, Van Duzen and Big Sur, among others. Although I can't say I was a fan of hiking as a child, my love for it has only grown over the years. It's so nice to get out of the city! 

Matthew and I decided to take ZZ for a walk up to Sweeney Ridge since the weather was so nice. After some driving around, we found a new trail we hadn't tried before. ZZ just loves to be off leash and run ahead to sniff everything out. But she just as quickly stops to wait for us to catch up and she will always come when called. She's very curious and happy and can cheer up any of my bad days. After this walk she came home and crashed out on her bed for the rest of the night. 

Blouse: Renegade Craft Fair (last year)
Boots: Thrifted
Shorts: H&M
Backpack: Thrifted
Bracelets: Thrifted
Belt: Wasteland
Necklace: Thrifted
Sunglasses: Thrifted
Listening to: Because the Night/ Patti Smith

20 comments:

Mary ♥ Mur :



I love your post and blog so much!!!.))

I need your help. I spend another survey but this time with another question.
"Where do you prefer to shop? What is your favorite shopping center?"

The Daily Fashionista :

These pictures are fantastic! I love the ones from inside that building.

And your pup is adorable. I wish I could trust my dogs to off the leash. Well one of them I can trust, my newer dog, not so much:)

Rebecca :

I went camping a lot as a child too and think I was not the biggest fan. I love it now, funny how that happens. I like how those flowers match the colours in your blouse. Your dog sounds very well behaved! Mine can't be trusted not to go bounding over the edges of cliffs!

Viktoria :

Great pictures!

Steffys Pros and Cons :

that picture of zz is sooo presh! this is the perfect 'walking in wilderness' look! i love the shoes/backpack!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Heather, 29 Skirts :

Awesome camping-inspired outfit! The arrowhead necklace and backpack are such cool touches. The photos are also amazing!

Marisa Noelle :

Ah, so stunning .... this is summer at it's best. Both you and Jenny never fail to capture the most lovely photos that always tell a story.

I am absolutely loving your backpack!! Both your outfit and pup are adorable:)

x Marisa

Bridget Fossedal :

I love these photos a lot -- especially the last two which look like they could pass for Anthropologie ads!

Two Happy Hearts :

those shoes are TOO perfect! they look wonderful with this outfit.

herecomesthesun :

I LOVE your backpack!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE :

zz is such a doll! i love dogs. i also love your tres chic hiking ensemble!

Arianne :

You make post-apocalyptic look so good. I really enjoyed the shoes+window set. I love that Dooney backpack!

Arianne from A + B in the Sea

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

You're definitely wearing the most fashionable hiking outfits I've ever seen-- love the ruffle detailing on the blouse and your huge arrowhead necklace. Gorgeous backpack too!

thomessa :

I love all the photos. I agree that it is nice to get out of the city sometimes.

gee :

ahhh i love zz. how adorable.
i went to the same summer camp every summer from 2nd to 11th grade for a month. best time of my life.
as always annalise, you look beautiful. your pictures are never not amazing!! plus, that backpack is pretty much perfect! <333
have a wonderful weekend love.

Jul :

What a darling outfit, perfect for a walk! The backpack is just amazing :)

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

Annebeth :

another great post, beautiful pictures. I want ot go hiking with you! :D

whitemaskgirl :

Really like the camping photos, it looks so great now in the summer times. :)

Jamie Rose :

Such a cute little dog! I really love your pretty red top too. Very nice pictures today!

This Charming Style :

Really gorgeous photos, I adore the bag!xx