Alamo Vintage Weekend

Alamo Square outfit 1
This last weekend was The Alamo Square Flea Market and I was lucky enough to get a great spot selling some vintage clothing. Since Jenny was still off on her travels I had dear Isla from A Fine Day for Sailing join me. We started setting up early so you can see that we had a vice like grip on our coffee cups. Life saver! I had heard that the weather was going to be quite cold, so I wore two layers of tights, boots, a fall inspired velvet floral skirt and a long sleeved crushed velvet top. It turned out to be just the loveliest day and I even got a bit sunburned on my face and back. Oops! 

It was so nice to meet so many lovely ladies, many of whom said they read the blog (Hello!). I hope that everyone who bought something from Hummingbird Girls Vintage really enjoys it and comes back again to another sale. Please send us pictures of you rocking your new treasures. We might just put them up on the blog. Please don't be shy, we really do love meeting all of our readers and making new friends. We'll keep you updated for our next event and hope to see you there. 

Top: Thrifted
Skrit: Thrifted
Boots: Miz Mooz
Belt: My Mom's 
Necklace: Matt Warn
Alamo square outfit 2
Alamo Square Isla


20 comments:

KizzyDoll :

Love those boots..looks like a fabulous day!! xx

Shybiker :

Oh, I so wish I could have come! To both browse through those racks and say hello. But the airfare would have eaten up any savings.

I love the color of your hair in the sunlight: it glistens!

Steffys Pros and Cons :

this looks like such great fun! wish i could have stopped on in :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Alice, Pretty Confused :

You look so lovely, those boots are fantastic! I've been feeling that autumn chill recently as well, but whenever I try and be prepared and pull out my winter coats it gets warm again! xo

Jen :

Hello 1990s! I haven't worn crushed velvet since 1993 and I'm a little afraid to try it again, but you make it look good. I'm reconsidering. Digging your boots, too. Are they comfy?

<3 jen @ stuffjendid

Heather, 29 Skirts :

This looks awesome! If I'm ever in the area when you're selling, I'd love to stop by. Looks like you have a lot of shoes, too, which is really cool. Your skirt is so pretty and looks great with all the black...it's been so hot down here in Southern California, and I miss wearing black.

JON :

I'd give anything for that belt....

Annebeth :

SO sad I'll probably never be able to attend on of your sales :( you look gorgeous, the boots are AWESOME and the entire outfit is so seventies fab!

gee :

seriously am going to come to san fran. sooner than later. looks like you guys had a great time.
very jealous that you all are wearing tights..def. still summer over here. :)

Short Sister Style :

That skirt is to die for! Looks like fun and love your hair!

Briggs
http://shortsisterstyle.blogspot.com

chrysa :

I only discovered vintage fashion recently, as till now I had never been to a vintage store in my life! but there are plenty here in Zurich and it is like discovering hidden treasures! Shopping becomes so much fun:) Wish I lived in S.F., it is so common there, isn't it?

I love your skirt and shoes!
Following you on Bloglovin, I would love it if you followed me back!

Chrysa
Stories and Sequins

Kitiya Palaskas :

Great outfit! You look cosy! x

elanor, :

i wish i hadn't started school....i would have loved to come to this! you both look darling... :)
xx

Caitlin :

those boots are amazing!
wish i was close enough to stop&shop!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

Aw wish I could have shopped your booth (hrm am due for an SF visit soon), you have such marvelous taste. It's funny to see the two of you in tights and long sleeves, it's still so hot/humid here in Chicago.

Did you buy your boots recently? I want a similar pair to rock this fall!

catatan.si.hijau :

great picture.. :)

http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/
Irene Wibowo

Burn That Dress :

That skirt, that skirt! It reminds me of some incense infused carpet or wall covering I might find in a hippies van...I mean this in the best way of course, but it never seems to come across that way. Hmmm, what I mean to say is I adore that skirt!

The Wardrobe Stylist :

Great looks. I am one of your new followers :) Come by the-wardrobe-stylist.blogspot.com.

Deni :

lovely blog hun!
great outfit...

PS. giveaway! enter! if you want!

xx
deni

Danielle | Things She Made :

HOW did I miss your booth?! I was at the fair and would have loved all your goodies.