Our Mother the Mountain

moutain
So walk these hills lightly, and watch who you're lovin'
By mother the mountain
I swear that it's true

With the changing seasons, I've been listening to quite a lot of Townes Van Zandt. I've never considered myself a fan of country music, but Zandt's prophetic songs sing of love lost, dive bars, cheap motel rooms, and backwoods cabins. His 1969 album "Our Mother the Mountain" is by far my favorite. The eerie vocals of its title track are chalk full of emotion, something that is often lost in contemporary music.

These photographs were taken 20 miles outside of Yosemite National Park. As the summer slowly give way to Fall's brisk weather, I have been venturing outside of San Francisco for weekend trips. My wardrobe has consequently been transitioning to Autumn appropriate attire, incorporating some of my most beloved pieces into my closet once again. The Edwardian blouse is one of my oldest vintage items, so delicate that I am afraid it may tear with prolonged use.  The booties- a staple in my wardrobe last Fall- have unfortunately been worn to death, with the back heels in desperate need of repair. And the needlepoint purse is a 1960s German market bag, perfect to hold a warm sweater and scarf for the coming months.

Blouse: Edwardian, Vintage
Skirt: Vintage, thrifted
Booties: 1980s Vintage
Purse: 1960s German Market Bag
Hat: 1970s Vintage
Socks: c/o Modcloth
Listening to: Our Mother the Moutain
mountain2
mountain3
moutain6
mountain5
mountain7

24 comments:

By Sara Romero :

Rustic, that's the first word that comes to mind from the tune to the crack in the dirt. I really like texture of your outfit, the worn in boots and the blouse are my personal favorites. Oh wait, the hat too! The hat is kick ass.

xoxo
FAKE EMPIRE

Elegantly Academic :

Love that bag! So gorgeous ...
Kelly xo

JennaStevie :

This skirt is wonderful, so is the whole look. I love the texture in that purse. These photos are just really stunning
xJennaD

Rae Veda :

I love the bag! So pretty. XO, Rae

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Lydia :

You guys always go to the most beautiful places. I love the last pic.

SoapyMermaid :

these landscapes and this atmosphere perfectly match van zandt 's music.

Fashion, Art and other fancies :

The nature looks unspoiled around you which I adore. You are looking so pretty. That hat is especially lovely.

Kitsune-kun :

such beautiful scenery! I miss the desert so much!

Courtney :

Gorgeous photos. I especially love the vintage blouse. I definitely associate music with seasons.

Amber Blue Bird :

wow the scenery is amazing but you still mange to outshine even the prettiest landscapes.

Nicole, Coco Maria :

I'll definitely have to try listening to some Townes Van Zandt - it sounds wonderful :)
Also, you LOOK wonderful! That skirt goes so beautifully with that long black skirt.

Jamie Rose :

That blouse is so so pretty! I can't believe it's that old. I would be scared to ruin it!

Roxanne Rosensteel :

Oh my goodness, I adore this outfit!! That needlepoint bag is so adorable, and perfect for fall. Also, I would love nothing more than to go thrifting in sf! I'm sure you guys know more hidden gems than I do. . .

Jenni Wells - Stop Making Sense :

Beautiful photos as always. I adore your blouse.

Mackenzie :

I just want to keep staring at these photos because they are so good. I love the coloring and your outfit goes with the scenery perfectly!

Danielle | Things She Made :

This totally made my day - my boyfriend and I are HUGE Townes fans! Based on your taste in music alone Iam DEFINITELY following your blog.Come check me out at Things She Made from SF.
THINGS SHE MADE
Fashion Hype / Graphic Content / Pretty Things

sharon lei :

Girl, you look freakin' amazing! :)

xx Love & Aloha
Swing by to enter my $100 Shopbop Giftcard Giveaway!

Agata Wijaya :

i really in love with your blouse and bag<3
really match! nice outfit and shoot.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage :

What gorgeous, ladylike photos. You've encouraged me to take a walk now and then!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Stef / Diversions :

Gorgeous, such an awesome bag!

Rebeccak :

I love those pieces that you wear and wear and wear... but I find it so hard to finally admit defeat and let go.

I hope both the shoes and blouse manage to keep on kicking for a while yet! :)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE :

what a glorious blouse! great find. one of these days, i want to look through your closet - i'm sure it's quite the treasure trove!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic :

this is so perfectly stevie nicks.

Jazzy E (hivenn) :

You 're stunning. What an amazing place! I can't stop staring. x hivenn