Siren Song

floral main
You may not be able to tell from my whiter than white skin, but I'm excited for San Francisco's warmer weather. I found this dream of a dress at Wasteland on Haight St. It's just the right blend of hippie, darkness and vintage that I love. The "slave bracelet" (also certain variations can be called a handflower) is something that I have been wanting for a long time and finally found at the local Alemany flea market. I find the delicate chains that attach the ring and bracelet so whimsical and pretty. In my younger days when I had a stronger gothic influence in my wardrobe I was drawn to these type of bracelets but never found one that was just right. This one just couldn't be better.  

I have my fingers crossed that this weekend will be filled with lovely weather. Jen and I have plans for the best girls weekend ever with some of our favorite ladies.  The vintage expo is in town, and we also have plans for hiking and a champagne brunch. I've been so busy at work that I can't even believe it's already Thursday and it's high time for some rest and relaxation. Hope everyone has been having a great week so far! 

Dress: 1970s Vintage
Shoes: Miz Mooz
Bag: Thrifted
Bracelet: Vintage 
Hat: Vintage
Listening to: White Winter Hymnal/ Fleet Foxes
floral front

23 comments:

Megan :

I love this outfit - the dress and the hat are just perfect.

YEYE STYLE BLOG :

What a pretty dress! the bracelet is divine, you do sound really busy kind of like me last week, it feels good to be able to get back in my blogging and etsy shop updating.

xo!

-Izzy

Nikki :

This is such a pretty dress! it suits you so well :) great find! I wish I was still able to go out with bare legs. Fall has fully arrived up here. x

Style Journey :

What a beautiful dress! The hat is a perfect addition to this look :)

Annika :

That dress really is perfect! And it fits like a glove! Great vintage find!

Annika
A Sweet Release

Hannah :

This dress is painfully beautiful. The print is amazing, the cut it great...the whole thing just suits you so well. What an awesome find! San Fran must be welcoming you with open arms.

JennaStevie :

This dress is sooo gorgeous, I love the print. And your amazing bracelet attached to ring is so cool! A girls weekend sounds lovely hope the weather is great for it :)
xJennaD

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

It is a great blend of hippie and darkness!

$200 jewelry giveaway at my blog!

Heather, 29 Skirts :

That dress is so pretty! I love the lace-up bodice!

gee :

i feel you on the pale skin. :P
i have ALWAYS been super pale.
that dress is amazing. the darker colors look beautiful on you.
i am usually not a big fan of jewelry but that bracelet is gorgeous.

SoFashionistica :

Cute outfit! It definitely gives off a boho feel,I like how you paired it with that hat, adding hats really changes the look of outfits.

Lydia :

Love the slave bracelet!

Vanessa, Take only Memories :

Wow, stunning dress! You look so wonderful!

out of order :

lookin' so soo great, lady!


<3Meghan

Two Happy Hearts :

ohhh sooo pretty! your hat is just darling :D

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

Your dress is indeed a dream, especially the use of the contrasting fabrics and the lace up bodice. San Francisco definitely seems like the perfect city to be wearing it in too!

I've eyed those bracelet/ring combos for a while now but haven't found the right one either, I love the daintiness of yours.

Jul :

Wow, you look beautiful! The dress is lovely and that bag is so cute! Also, amazing ring!!

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

The Suburb Experiment :

I love that dress. The colors are gorgeous.

A vintage expo, hiking, and champagne brunch sounds like my kind of weekend!

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

EevvaStyle :

really great!

Victoria / Justice Pirate :

This is such an amazing outfit. I really love it! I hope you will enjoy the San Francisco weather. I don't know what it is like there though haha. Vintage Expos. . what do they entail?

TrophyBoutique :

Yes, we are shoes sisters. I have the same pair. I love them with that gorgeous dress of yours!

Courtney :

I love, love, love that material on that dress. It looks great paired with those shoes too. I've got a similar 1970s prairie dress and I'll never get tired of wearing it in the summer.

triskelos :

I think i've just fallen in love with this dress, Florals on dark always looks so amazing, and this dress is really pretty. <3<3<3

http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/