Sunday Sounds: Patti Smith

patti smith 3

I recently read the book "Just Kids" by singer-songwriter and artist Patti Smith. Her life was so interesting and she writes about it in a way that is as beautiful as her poetry and song lyrics. Her most well known song, "Because The Night", was co-written with Bruce Springsteen and always gives me chills every time I listen to it. The 1975 album "Horses" put her on the map durring the New York punk rock movement. I love how her slightly throaty voice is the perfect thing to listen to as a dark lullaby. 
patti smith 4
patti smith 5
patti smith 2
patti smith 6

9 comments:

Sharmaine Ruth :

Patti Smith is so cool! :D I love the pictures, especially the first one!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

Lydia :

"Just Kids" is the most amazing book. I could hardly put it down. I read recently that Patti is working on a screenplay version.

Danielle Villano :

I adore Patti Smith! I read Just Kids over the summer and fell in love. Such an inspiring book!

Best,
Danielle
http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

Vanessa, Take only Memories :

She rocks big time! I saw a documentary on her a couple of years back that was really cool. Wish I could remember what it was called...

Rae Veda :

Just kids is one of my favorite books. Those pictures of Patti are beautiful. She is stunning. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

walking dot photography :

I've been meaning to read that book for ages! I got it out of the library a while ago, but didn't have a chance to read it before I had to return it. :/ You just reminded me that I really need to put it back on hold! and this time find the time to read it, haha!
-giedre

EevvaStyle :

great pics

Monique :

I certainly need to get a hold of that book been meaning to read it.

Coury Combs :

I love autobiographies...maybe too much...gonna check this one out! :)