Sunday Sounds: Talking Heads


1
The Talking Heads were an American avant-garde band formed in 1974 in New York City. Due to their eclectic sound, I consider the Talking Heads to be one of the greatest artists of all time. While this is quite an arguable claim to make,  frontman David Byrne's talent demonstrates his ability to combine elements of pop, rock, funk, world music, and Americana into seemingly effortless performances and albums.  I find myself falling a little more in love with their albums as I grow older, especially due to their live performance (check some out via You Tube!) I would suggest listening to the track "Psycho Killer-" one of my favorites from their 1977 album. Any other Talking Heads fans?
3
5
2

6 comments:

Rand T :

nice!x

Nichole :

Stop Making Sense may be one of my favorite movies of all time. If you haven't already, check it out!

Sharmaine Ruth :

I love this band!!! :D

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

Annebeth :

oooh David Byrne is such a special specimen, no wonder his music rocks :)

Jenni :

Ooh! One of my favorite bands!

sabiiine :

aww. i adore the live version of psycho killer ♥