In Our Nature

1
This weekend was relatively quiet, with most of it spent indoors catching up on neglected projects. I've been busy lately with work and graduate applications, and I never feel like there is enough time in the day to accomplish all of my goals. Most of my sewing projects are piled high in my closet corner and probably won't be finished until the new year. So much mending needs to be done!

Taking a break from writing, I spent a lovely Sunday evening indulging in oysters and champagne with Ashley. I wore a vintage tweed cape, one of the most versatile pieces in my closet due to its detachable hood and necktie. And while I usually don't wear too many new clothes, I fell in love with this burnt orange skirt from Forever 21 a few weeks back and couldn't resist its brass buttons. It's autumnal hues are a perfect match for the cream peter pan blouse I bought as well.
Cape: Vintage
Skirt: F21
Bag: Vintage, Thrifted
Shirt: F21
Shoes: F21
Tights: American Apparel
Listening to: Tarantula Arms/ The Sandwitches
5
3
7
walking
shoes
last

25 comments:

vanda :

hello my dear!!!!! This is MY FAVOURITE OUTFITT EVER!!!!! I am in ♥ with your cape!!!! I want one like that!!!!!

Kitsune-kun :

love the way this cape drapes and hangs. it looks so pretty and elegant!

KristiMcMurry :

LOVE LOVE LOVE that cape. I really need to get one this year...I've got serious cape-envy.

Steffys Pros and Cons :

i am in love with your red skirt!!! gorgeous outfit!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

sarah :

This is such a gorgeous outfit! I absolutely love those colours together. I have a cape that I have avoided wearing because I was worried it would just swallow me up, but seeing how perfect you look in yours is inspiring me to give it another shot!

Frannie Pantz :

Man I wish I could be lucky enough to find me a vintage cape! You look great!

JennaStevie :

I looove this cape, it's very incredible! It looks quite nice with that blouse and button up red skirt, you have the most amazing skirts
xJennaD

Amber Blue Bird :

that coat is so elegant. has anyone ever told you that you wear clothes beautifully...well you do.

gee :

ahhh..again with your coat collection. ;)
love your cape. i have not decided if capes are for me yet. i love them on other people but when i put one on i look like i am getting swallowed by fabric. MAAAAYBE, i just haven't found the right one yet!?! :)

you look beautiful Jen..
the skirt is perfect..i have not been to forever21 in awhile but this is defiantly a reason to go to one.
have a wonderful week.. <333

Nikki :

I am swooning over your cape! x

Jenni :

Beautiful cape, and I love your bag!

jamie :

you look simply amazing <3

xx jamie

dear winsome :

Love this outfit so much, the cape and colors are perfect!

Krystle
http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

islabell :

nailed it.
love it.
xx

Annebeth :

absolutely positively gorgeous. I diiiig the colors together and that cape! amazing!

Kirstin@CrimsonRosella :

Oh I have been after that skirt but keep telling myself I can't buy any more! It looks so amazing with the grey cape!

Rebeccak :

I love that cape!!!

I know how you feel re projects and writing etc. It is a never ending battle!

Abigail's Place :

Gorgeous cape and skirt is perfect colour!

Abigail x

elanor, :

i may have to step in to f21 and find this skirt! i adore it. the buttons are perfect..and don't get me started on that cape! <3

Jamie Rose :

That cape is really fantastic and such a classic piece. I really love the color of your skirt too. Great Forever 21 find.

Marisa Noelle :

You really must have the most beautiful collection of outerwear I've seen around! Goodness, that cape is perfect in every way. What a beaut of a find from F21 too...I think it's been years since I've set foot in one with pieces that pretty I wouldn't mind taking a peek around again:)

Lydia :

Great pics. I love the cape, and the car peeking out in some of the shots.

Caitlin :

great outfit. beautiful photos.

Oh, B Wyatt :

This outfit it perfect. Thanks to you I am now suddenly obsessed with capes.

Meanz Chan (Koi Story) :

I am absolutely smitten with that cape of yours ! Also everything about this outfit is adorable! :)