Slate & Fallen Leaves

1
The rainy weather has confined many of my activities to the comforts of my home. Instead of venturing out on Friday evening,  Matthew and I experimented with some autumnal recipes. We cooked a butternut squash soup and a spaghetti squash carbonara, both of which were delicious. While I love cooking, Matthew is definitely the chef in this pair. I had no idea what a roux sauce was or what the term deglazing meant until I met him. Due to my rather rudimentary knowledge of cooking, I often let him direct the inner workings of the kitchen as I gladly help out as the "prep cook." 

This blouse is one of my favorite pieces for the late Fall due to its intricate detailing and neckline. I purchased it at the San Francisco Vintage Expo this year, and I have enjoyed styling it with skirts and dresses. And while I initially was weary about the length of this thrifted skirt, I have fallen in love with its cozy wool knit. 
Skirt: Thrifted
Blouse: Vintage
Purse: Vintage
Hat: Vintage
Belt: Vintage Anne Klein
Shoes: F21
Listening to: Shoreline/Broken Social Scene
2
3
4
last

16 comments:

MarieStella :

gorgeous skirt and bag!! amazing outfit and pictures!!
if you have a minute, please vote for me here!! http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/153430/voteable_entries/35496323

http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

JennaStevie :

This skirt is pretty amazing!! I love it, and the close up photos of the leaves are so wonderful. I wish we had leaves still instead of snow haha
xJennaD

Courtney :

i am in love with the skirt. beautiful. i recently had to promise myself that i wouldn't buy anymore grey clothing. i love wearing grey and have way too much of it.

Kitsune-kun :

cute skirt! I love the fringed hemline!

dear winsome :

so pretty, love the hat! i'm the cook here..it's one of my favorite things to do haha i've been wanting to make spaghetti squash for the longest!

Krystle
http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

elanor, :

that skirt is just lovely! i love it paired with those heels and the hat is a nice touch too. :) xx have a great monday!

Amber Blue Bird :

your entire outfit is lovely but I really adore your skirt. The fringe detail is just perfect. I wish my husband was as enthusiastic about cooking but I tend to take the lead in that department. He's a much better dishwasher.

HSB :

Another lovely and perfect outfit. Yummy dishes you made!

SomeoneLikeYou :

The up close pictures of the leaves are just fantastic! so dreamy...

And your skirt is so very pretty... It looks rather warm, too! :D

Steffys Pros and Cons :

such a beautiful skirt!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Matthew :

You look lovely (as usual). Rocking the perfect Fall look for San Francisco.

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic :

that skirt is pretty killer. i barely know how to cook. i can do some things well, and i can follow a recipe. if that counts

vanda :

LOVE everything on this look!!! The skirt & bag are stealing my ♥!!!!

Kathleen :

You styled this so perfectly! It makes the skirt look so chic. Now I could really go for some butternut squash soup. :)

Monique :

love the fringe at the bottom of your skirt. that meal you guys cooked sounds delicious.

Meanz Chan (Koi Story) :

Gosh, I love that skirt so much! They wonderful hues of gray are lovely and ah, you are just so adorable!