Sunday Sounds: The Sandwitches


The Sandwitches
For this edition of Sunday Sounds, I wanted to focus on one of my favorite San Francisco bands. Although I've been a longtime fan of their albums, I recently saw The Sandwitches open for Architecture in Helsinki at The Fillmore. Their live performance was equally matched to the melancholic sound conveyed in their recordings. The Sandwitches mix 50s dowop with sprinkles of country-inspired melodies to create an eerie ambient sound. It's the perfect soundtrack for the darker days of Autumn. Give a listen to the video below entitled "Kiss your Feet."
2
4

9 comments:

Allysa Rismaya :

wooooow cool post, love it so much :)

visit me
allysachais.blogspot.com

Sharmaine Ruth :

i now love them! ever sunday I always have a new band to put on my ipod ahah :D

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

Rae Veda :

So great! I especially love that first picture. So silly and cute. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

MarieStella :

those pictures are stunning!! so unique!! love them really much!!
http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

Santina :

I was just saying how I need to start going to more shows not that I'm settled here in SF. If you lovely ladies are ever heading to something fun, I'd love to join! I love seeing live music!

Santina

Monique :

i played this as i was working on the computer. great song and thanks for the intro to this band. you gals have great taste in music. loving sunday sounds

Green Tea and Cupcakes :

Never heard of them before but I am so in love with them now, thanks!

Michaela Scalisi :

lovely post :)

xx Michaela

dear winsome :

awesome, love the song and video!

Krystle
http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/