The Stables

horses 2
There is an area in Golden Gate park called the Polo Field that is a track and field surrounded by a small stadium and these old abandoned horse stables. The Golden Gate Park Stadium opened in 1906 and was first planned to be a 60,000 seat amphitheater. In 1967, the stadium was the site of the Human Be-In which launched the Summer of Love and where Timothy Leary urger fellow hippies to "tune in, turn on, and drop out". (So says Wikipedia).

The stables were a great place to show off this dress I received in a swap from Mousevox Vintage. (Check out how she styled it here.) Jenny and I are super excited to be involved in a group swap, started by Love Charles Vintage, with some of our favorite bloggers. We'll be passing around vintage clothing and dressing the up the pieces in our respective styles. Check out all wonderful blogs that will be joining in on the swapping fun:
District of Chic
Flattery
Happy Honey and Lark
Love Charles Vintage
Missing Love Birds
Mousevox Vintage
Selective Potential
horse chain and sign
horses vintage dress
handbag and shoes
horses close up

18 comments:

Caitlin :

i need some bloggers in my area!
and i love that hat on you.

JennaStevie :

This dress is so stunning, I love the colour and pattern of it. And t-strap shoes are amazing!! Gorgeous photos of course
xJennaD

The Jones :

ADORE these photos! Looks like a blast...those shoes are really darling too. They are the epitome of good vintage.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Jo :

I love visiting stable - though I'm not going to lie; horses make me nervous! (Especially with signs like that around, eek!) P.s. your dress looks amaaaaazing, and I love your hat!

x
Lost in the Haze

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird :

So pretty, I love your shoes!

P.S. If you're into surprises you may want to check out my giveaway!

LoveCharlesVintage :

Gorgeous! Rachel picked out some fantastic items, and you styled this dress perfectly. Can't wait to see the rest!

Anita :

Lovely outfit.
http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) :

The stables are a wonderful piece of history, you look like you would have fit in with the crowds watching the races back in the day. I love the color of your hat and the way it vibes with the pattern of the dress. Adorable shoes too!

I'm envious of this vintage clothing swap. I'm so sick of all my clothes at the moment!

dear winsome :

So jealous of your amazing locations, I want to move to the west coast! Love this outfit, so perfect!

Krystle
http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

out of order :

what a pretty dress and perfect pumps!

<3Meghan

Cristina Lupu :

your blog is amazing!!!
great post!!!

caycelayne :

you look gorgeous! and what a beautiful place with such significant historical background...i recently watched a documentary on the history channel about the whole LSD/Leary and hippie movement.

HoneyBunny :

Such a pretty look! That dress is amazing anf I love the hat<3

The Daily Fashionista :

I love that print on that dress!! It's so striking and pretty. And yay for swapping!! I need to do some swapping soon since my closet is feeling lonely, but my wallet is feeling empty;) heheh..

Antoinette :

Wow! I adore everything about this outfit especially those amazing blue shoes. I want them!!!

antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

Vanessa, Take only Memories :

That hat is so gorgeous! Beautiful pics, as always :)

Mary Lou :

this look is to fall in love with! i love everything about it! the hat, the dress and those incredible shoes i want so hard!!!
love and kiss,mary

Jamie Rose :

This dress is fantastic and I just love the t-strap shoes and cute hat you paired with it.