Sunday Sounds: Bat for Lashes

one
Bat for Lashes is the work of British singer/songwriter Natasha Khan. She draws inspiration from her worldly travels, often recording songs in places such as Big Sur, the Joshua Tree Desert in California, and the Welsh countryside. Her songs are the perfect melodic blend of mystic lyrics, and she brings to life vibrant characters, places, and landscapes through her words. Not only is she is talented musician, but her fashion choices are a constant source of inspiration. I admire her incorporation of vintage into her wardrobe, crafting a truly unique aesthetic that matches her songs.
3
batforlashes-masthead
4

7 comments:

Lucy Nation :

Another great choice for Sunday Sounds. I first saw Bat for Lashes on a British TV show called The Culture Show back in 2006. So glad I was watching when I was as I've been a fan ever since

Rae Veda :

Beautiful pictures! I love all of the feathers. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

YEYE STYLE BLOG :

I love her, thanks for sharing, theses pics are amazing:)

Lydia :

Ahhhh!!! Love her!!! Her amazing voice, and I love her style and make-up.

Nichole :

I was going to write a post about her story, because it's so inspirational! She used to be an elementary school teacher, and I think a lot of that playfulness comes through her lyrics and arrangements. I think I'll try her style for Halloween next year.

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS :

major girl crush, Natasha is so dreamy :)

dear winsome :

love her!