Sunday Sounds: Ella Fitzgerald

1
If there is one record that it is frequently played at my apartment, it is Porgy & Bess, the 1957 collaboration between Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. Their recording of Gershwin's "Summertime" is arguably the best jazz vocal rendition of the song. With a vocal range spanning three octaves, she has one of the most distinctive voices in music. And as the weather gets a little colder, I find myself listening to Fitzgerald during evenings spent at home. Her voice is reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour, making it the perfect accompaniment for holiday parties and winter celebrations.
3
4
2

6 comments:

Clara Turbay :

Stunning blog keep doing it!

Lola :

A big fan of jazz music, definitely checking this out!

LeighFreda. :

Great post, I love Ella :) such class! xxx

tegan :

gorgeous blog!

i love ella fitzgerald :')



xox

Monique :

You've motivated me to pull out some Ella records.

French Press VINTAGE :

love the pic with marilyn! I love ella. and nina. and billie, especially on sunday mornings and on old, somewhat scratchy records.