New Year, New You


vintage skirt 1
It's a new year and a new me, or so I would like to hope. Like many people, with the start of 2012 I've made some resolutions for my future. I'm not looking for a total transformation so I'm trying to keep it realistic. I find that simple, tangible goals are easier for me to stick to. In the next 362 days I'm planning on talking my dog to the park more often, cooking dinner at home a few times a week and experimenting with my fashion choices on a daily basis. Styling up this skirt was a good first challenge since it wasn't something I picked out for myself. I got this little floral number in the mail as part as the swap started by Love Charles Vintage. I can't wait to see what other fun pieces will soon be on our radar. Having an inspiring swap like this will be a great way to help me keep up my fashion goals. I would love to hear your New Years Resolutions as well. Let's check in again this time next year and see how we did. 

Skirt: Swap from Mousevox
Top: 1990s Thrifted
Hat: Thrifted
Boots: Ebay
Bag: Thrifted
Listening to: The Way We Get By/ Spoon
industrial
vintage skirt colage
flowers moment
vintage outfit 2
pipes
vintage skirt look back

20 comments:

The Dainty Doll's House :

Gorgeous outfit! Happy New Year - I think you've set realistic goals..I hope you achieve them and much more! xx

Two Happy Hearts :

this is so beautiful! i love how you've styled your gifted skirt. very nice & lovely.
and i love the idea of taking your dog to the park more often...i might have to set that as a goal this year as well ;)

YEYE STYLE BLOG :

Happy New Years doll, I have a few resolutions too, one of mine is to not eat chips on the couch before bed and exercising for 20 minutes 4 to 5 times a week. That skirt is great on you :)

BresBaubles :

Love the look. What a sweet skirt. I just plan to spend more time with family and good friends this year!

xoxo
http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

You may not have picked it but I think it fits seamlessly into your style. Good luck with you manageable resolutions... I'm having more of a total transformation kind of year I hope, but we'll see how that goes. : )

Stephanie :

You look great. Killer boots- I love the buttons.

Mary Lou :

oh i love this velvet shirt with the floral skirt! a great start for a very fabulous and stylish 2012;)
love and kiss,mary

Angie :

wow, the velvet shirt looks so pretty in that outfit! and I like your goals, especially taking your dog to the park is adorable!<3

JennaStevie :

Happy New Year!! Those are great little goals for 2012, I think my pup would appreciate going to the park more this year too.
I absolutely love this skirt, the floral is beautiful!! And it looks so good with the velvet top
xJennaD

Casie Jean :

Happy New Year! Crushed Velvet mmmmhmmmm xxx

LoveCharlesVintage :

Very nice goals for 2012! Your dog is gonna be pleased.

Green Tea and Cupcakes :

Love the crushed velvet with that skirt. Happy New Year and good luck with all your goals, give your doggy a cuddle from me.

Shannon :

You look so pretty. Love the velvet with the floral print on the skirt. So feminine and pretty.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

SoFashionistica :

I think it's awesome that you are setting goals for yourself this year. One of my goals this year will be to get fit and I will be doing this by taking a ballet class or a bellydance class.

elanor, :

it's the skirt! i love it styled with velvet. :) so pretty. i like your goals too! i need to write mine.
xx

TheLovelyHunter :

clothes swap--what a great idea! i am focusing on just a few realistic goals this year too. happy new year!

Zoƫ, Lion Heart Vintage :

I think this outfit determines that 2012 shall be the year of crushed velvet!! You look gorgeous as ever Annabelle. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! A big Happy New Years to you too!

xoxo

Sara S ♥ :

Love the combo of florals and velvet!

~Sara

sarastrauss.blogspot.com

dusanabotswana :

Love that velvet top- what a great find, so perfect w/ that skirt. I love how you found flowers to match perfectly too. I certainly have a daunting list of goals this year that I've even put off posting for this reason.

http://dusanabotswana.com

Femke :

Love your skirt and your blog. Happy new year! Hopefully you'll reach all your goals!

xoxo, Femke On the Button