A Thing of the Past, A Look to the Future

1
With the start of every New Year, I always set professional and personal goals. I successfully completed my goals in years past, and I hope to do the same this year (fingers crossed). For me, setting realistic objectives is highly motivating, often pushing me to try new things. Setting such standards prompted me to pursue graduate school in 2009, discover my love for running, and even to start writing this blog with Annalise. What's in store for 2012? Professionally, I would like to continue pursuing my education with a PhD in Psychology. Personally, I would like to take more time just for myself- something that I often forget to do. 

To start the New Year of right, I also set some fashion goals. I would like to experiment with bold colors and prints, and this 1960s daisy print frock is the perfect match. I fell in love with the pockets and detailing, and the shape was a particularly good fit. The odd looking ducks (or the duck/turkey hybrid?) joined Matthew and I as we took photographs. They sat patiently watching, and waddled away as we continued our walk around the lake. It was a perfect way to spend a very promising New Year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!

Dress: 1960s Vintage
Coat: 1960s Vintage
Purse: 1960s Vintage
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Gift
Listening to: I Want a Little Sugar in my Bowl/ Nina Simone
3
10
ducks
2
9
ducks at the lake
5

17 comments:

Jennifer King :

I love that you set fashion goals for yourself! I too am hoping to wear more color and prints (I blogged about the rest of my fashion, food, and DIY goals here: http://jenniferanneking.blogspot.com/2012/01/fashion-food-and-crafty-resolutions.html)

Happy new year, girls!

Anna :

great resolutions. also, I DIG THAT SONG xxx

Michal :

That's really cool that you're looking to get your PhD in psychology. Amazing dress too! Happy New Year and good luck with your goals. :] I've been listening to Nina Simone soooo much lately- I feel like you are always listening to what I'm listening to!

Nanx :

Oh that red coat is just amazing, I love the combination with the floral dress too. You look lovely!

Bre :

At first glance I thought wow you look like you just stepped out of the 60's from Paris. Then I read that it;s all 60's vintage. You look perfect!
Happy new year and I wish you luck on the keeping your goals!

vintageveggie :

loving the red white and blue. you look like a doll!

JennaStevie :

Your goals sound wonderful for the upcoming year, getting you Ph.D. will be amazing.
I really love this dress, the print is so sweet and it looks so fabulous with that red coat
xJennaD

Amber :

you pull off this bold print perfectly. In other news, what the heck are those birds?? Turkey/duck hybrid sounds about right but what were a turkey and duck doing getting it on?!?

Jo :

I love your floral dress! <3 And your coat and bag match so perfectly, it's crazy!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Miss Tallulah Porkchop :

Great colour combos.

Moise :

I love this bold outfit of yours. Kudos to achieving the goals you set for yourself in the past. Good luck with taking time out for yourself...so so important. Happy New Year!

Monique :

*Moise is Monique by the way...my husband was still signed in to his gmail account. Happy New Year and Cheers to 2012

Allysa Rismaya :

wooow love your coat dear.
and you had the great resolutions :D
HAPPY NEW YEAR

allysachais.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle :

One thing I'm really loving right now are 60s printed floral dresses...and yours is gorgeous! Best wishes on your resolutions darling! Getting your PhD will be such an awesome accomplishment:)

Jenni :

I love resolutions. As long as you keep them realistic, I think they can be very motivating. Love your dress, especially with that jacket!

Clara Turbay :

I like the way you show your inspirations!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

dusanabotswana :

I love you in this bright coat and dress! Such a good idea to set style goals as well, I just made my resolutions a few days ago (but am late to posting) and didn't think of that. So awesome you're going to continue your education to a PhD, you really motivate me to set professional goals for once. Thanks!

http://dusanabotswana.com/.com