Valentine

1
2
4
5
8
6
9
2
3
Dress- 1960s Vintage:: Velvet Coat- 1960s Vintage:: Purse- 1950s Vintage:: Slip- 1960s Vintage:: Tights- American Apparel
Upon learning about the origins of Valentine's Day in elementary school, I always found it odd that romance was somehow linked to the long list of martyrs for whom the day was named after. After some preliminary research, it wasn't until the 14th century that love was associated with the February 14th. Regardless of the day's history, it is wonderful to celebrate friends and lovers. I always dress in my finest reds and whites to mark the days leading up to the 14th, and this year took a particular romantic/gothic feel. I unfortunately won't be celebrating the day with my love this year for I will be on an airplane. I am heading to New York and Ann Arbor for school-related business this week and I couldn't be more excited for a little break away from San Francisco. I wish each and everyone of you a very happy Valentine's Day! 

16 comments:

LoveCharlesVintage :

You look stunning! That dress is amazing. Sometime when you are in ann arbor we need to meet up for some serious thrifting.

Daisy :

Lovely outfit. xo
Daisy
http://blooomingdaisies.blogspot.com/

Steffys Pros and Cons :

that velvet coat is stunnnning!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Sara S ♥ :

You look gorgeous! That dress, coat, and hat look fantastic on you!
~Sara
sarastrauss.blogspot.com

Courtney :

You look lovely, that dress is amazing and i'm loving your coat too, the colours beautiful xx

Tonya :

Such a perfect look for Valentines Day! I love the coat, such a deep and beautiful color. So gorgeous as always :)

Well... :

Beautiful photos as always <3
And such lovely vintage pieces! I can't believe how you find them. That dress is divine. You look gorgeous! :)

http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

Sparks In Spring :

Such a cute hat honey, so classy yet understated!

Frannie Pantz :

I don't do V Day. Neither does my fiance. Seems just lame to me. HOWEVER, I love your romantic lacy dress! Have safe travels!

out of order :

you look too darling, love the deep reds and white lace! awesome photos too, I adore the gothic theme
<3Meghan

Amber :

you have such a beautiful dress collection and this lacey number is the cherry on top. Safe travels.

Gwyneth :

Love this outfit! And such a pretty shoot!xo

The Daily Fashionista :

I am in absolute love with that dress and coat. I've been on the hunt for a vintage lace dress for soooo long!!! Can't wait to finally unearth one at some point :)

Have fun with your travels!!

Rebecca :

You look lovely, the delicate lace against the rich velvet are very attractive contrasts. Hope you had a great valentines.

Crystal Lee :

such a darling outfit. Gosh, I love that velvet coat! The last photo is my favorite.

Jamie Rose :

That coat is amazingly pretty with your lace dress. I'm loving the little hat too! And the location. Everything, basically.