A few snapshots from a recent camping trip in Sequoia National Forest near the Kern River Valley. A floppy hat, sunglasses, and a simple white dress were perfect attire for the warm weather. Summer is close. (By the way, Matthew is well versed in herpetology and safely caught and released the lizard).


Hannah :

Gorgeous photos--looks like a lovely trip--and I love your dress! I'm a huge fan of eyelet. :)

jesse.anne.o :

That looks fun - I'm envious.

Thanks for mentioning the herp skillz; it's good to know no animals were harmed in the making of this blog post. Much appreciated!

sweet harvest moon :

Your dress is SO pretty!

Crissy :

These are beautiful photos!

Jamie Rose :

Cool lizard! These pictures are all so great and so is your breezy outfit. The white dress and floppy hat are perfect together.

Sabrina T. :

loovely pics dear!!

Patchwork à Porter

out of order :

looks so lovely! I adore your sweet dress. I want to go to Sequoia so badly to see General Sherman <3


Devin :

Love LOVE the white dress and hat! so lovely and springy!

Christina :

So beautiful! We must go camping again before you leave...I've got the ITCH (to see your little toesies)

Hannah :

Whoa! That lizard is awesome!!! Amazing that you could catch him- they are quick little guys!

You look gorgeous! I definitely do not look so chic when I am camping, haha.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

These are wonderful... I love the simplicity of the outfit and I haven't been camping in far too long!

Dom :

Love your simple camping outfit. :] You're also looking a bit tan there too. :]

Steffys Pros and Cons :

still stylish, even when camping!

Steffys Pros and Cons

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries :

awesome getaway! I wish we had these HUGE national parks where camping was allowed. Love these photos and hope you had a great time! x

Kate :

Such beautiful photos, is that a lizard? So stunning!

Sharmaine Ruth :

that looks so much fun! and you look great!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth

Caitie :

gosh that looks like the perfect weekend getaway! I haven't been camping in years... there's something so peaceful to it!


The Braided Bandit :

This looks so fun! You seriously look like you are in a pretty spring lookbook in your white dress. It would be a "naturalist" theme or something! I was wondering about the lizard, thanks for the little footnote haha!
xo Hannah

Louise.Amabilis :

That looks like the most comfy dress,
perfect for camping!

Caitlin :

beautiful photos!
i could stand to go for a nice camping trip!

Kitsune-kun :

YES! this makes me wish so bad that it were warmer here. I loooove camping. love your photos!

Monique :

looks like the perfect weekend!

Jessica :

I love camping! Another camping trip is in order this May! I remember your blog...Why am I not following it?! I am now!-Jessica