Bowling Green

1
2
5
3
9
10
11
6
Dress- 1950s Vintage via Lady a la Mode:: Sandals- Vintage:: Bag- Thrifted:: Belt- Thrifted::  Sunglasses- Ray-Ban
The sun is shinning, the fog has temporarily cleared, and my sundresses are slowly making their way from the depths of my wardrobe. I always prefer more feminine pieces for summer months, and this 1950s cotton day dress with embroidered flowers will be a staple for the upcoming season. I wore this out last weekend for a casual early evening spent in the Panhandle reading Haruki Murakami's The Elephant Vanishes. I first heard some of Murakami's stories on Selected Shorts, a popular broadcast on NPR. As a teenager, I used to despise talk radio. Now, I eagerly listen to my favorite programs when I am driving to work or cooking dinner at home. While This American Life is my go-to program on Saturday afternoons, I also love A Prairie Home Companion as well as the occasional listen to Car Talk for its witty banter. As you can see, my life has been pretty low-key (or boring) lately- NPR talk radio and lazily reading books in the park on my free time. 

24 comments:

JennaStevie :

This sundress is absolutely perfect, I adore the fit and pattern!! Sundresses and feminine pieces are definitely my favourite for summer as well. Love those shoes
xJennaD

Frannie Pantz :

I haven't listed to any radio in a long time. I never know what's on or new anymore. LOL What I do know is that these photos are gorgeous, so is the dress and so are you! Enjoy your weekend! Hope we get to see lots more pretty sundresses in the future.

Steffys Pros and Cons :

your dress is GORGEOUS!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

French Press Vintage Boutique :

my favorite look on you so far.

Amber :

Oh Miss Jenny, you look like a 50s dream in these shots

HSB :

You look so lovely! The dress is a dream, and your styled it perfectly.

BobbieAustin27 :

such a classic look
loving the cool 50's vibe
awesome sunglasses!
your style is very unique

www.bobbieaustinscloset.com

The Braided Bandit :

gorgeous dress and sunnies, as usual!

Caitie :

gosh, jenn! this dress was SOOOO made for you. you look amazing! so happy you got it!!!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Dom :

Your dress is a dream! I love the light blue color and the cute pattern! Your sunglasses are absolutely adorable as well! You look so delectably retro! :]

Monique :

sounds pretty relaxing to me. this getup exudes spring. loving the shades!

michellek :

beautiful dress, and nice paired with the bag and those sunglasses, definitely the vintage feel you were going for. i love the flowers too, so pretty

Jo :

Jenny, that dress is truly a beauty! <3 <3 <3

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Plog

Mara :

Such a gorgeous dress! I adore that color. You look beautiful!

Jenni :

Beautiful dress! Love your sunglasses, too. I always wind up dressing a lot girlier in the summer, too. :D

Santina :

This dress...be still my heart! It is so pretty and fresh!

Two things:
1. I am moving to NoPa at the end of the month.
2. I love, love, love Haruki Murakami. I've devoured almost everything he has written.

This means we need to plan reading dates in the park...oh, and wear pretty dress, of course! ;)

islabell :

BABE ALERT <3

Annebeth :

look at all those daisies! and that outfit is just perfect, and the way it fits you is even perfecter! :D

wardrobeexperience :

this dress is so cute... your straw purser is so gorgeous too...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Roxanne Rosensteel :

You look so lovely as usual. This is such a perfectly light and breezy dress, and so pretty! Hope you are well : )

YEYE STYLE BLOG :

That dress is a dream! Such a babe you are in it :)

Jamie Rose :

Your blue 50's dress is so pretty! I'm in love with the color. It looks so summery and perfect.
Your days of talk radio and reading sound awesome to me. I've been reading quite a bit now that I'm out of school for the summer. It's wonderful and relaxing.

dear winsome :

i love this, such a sweet spring outfit!

dusanabotswana :

thank you for the listening ideas, I always want to listen to things when I tire of music but never know what. You look so lovely in this vintage dress, total Jackie O look. & hope this doesn't sound creepy, but you have a beautiful hourglass figure!
https://dusanabotswana.com