Half Moon Bay


1
3
6
5
6
IMG_0777
9
5
10
Dress- 1990s Vintage:: Bag- 1950s Vintage:: Sandals- Thrifted:: Belt- 1970s Vintage:: Sunglasses- Thrifted
I've been making an effort to travel outside of San Francisco for at least one day every weekend. On Saturday, Matthew and I drove down Highway 1 to Half Moon Bay. The conditions for tide pooling were better than expected, and we spent the early morning turning over rocks and exploring pools for starfish, sea anemones, lavender sculpins, and kelp gunnels. We not only spotted a wide assortment of starfish, but we also saw sea lion pups lounging on rocks and an East Pacific Red Octopus nestled in a deep pool. I always enjoy tide pooling with Matthew since he is well versed in marine life (he is an evolutionary biologist who specializes in icktheology). I feel like I have my own personal tour guide who tells me interesting facts about epifauna during our early morning marine adventures.

16 comments:

YEYE STYLE BLOG :

awwee so pretty! I can't wait for my honeymoon in Santa-Monica, California beaches are so pretty, your so lucky to live near them :)

JennaStevie :

This is the most perfect polka dot dress evvver!! I love it, and these photos are so amazing, I can't stop looking at them!
xJennaD

Marlena :

you saw an OCTOPUS? being one that has barely ever left Chicago, that is amazing to me haha. And cool shot of the starfish! I feel like a little kid freaking out reading your post haha. I'm actually moving to San Fran next January so it's neat to see what your city has to offer :) And I love that dress, it's so cute. i love your vintage style!

Marlena :

I'd love to trade lists! That'd be so helpful (especially since I'm lazy with researching). Definitely following you now :)

Jamie Rose :

I want to see a real life starfish! That's so cool!
You looked adorable on this adventure too. The polka dot dress is wonderful and classic.

Steffys Pros and Cons :

that is the most perfect dress.


Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Caitie :

I love half moon bay! such a great getaway from the city and you look adorable in that beautiful dress!


xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Frannie Pantz :

Beautiful photos (as always) and a gorgeous polka dot dress!

The Jones :

Totally classic look for a stop by the sea...love your photo of the starfish too, they just amaze me!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Toni Styles :

Love this vintage look; it would be great if it made a huge comeback! :)

http://rhythmandruffle.com <3

Emily Peebles :

That sounds like such a wonderful little day trip! I can't believe you saw baby sea lions. I'm jealous! And your outfit looks lovely against the bay :)

helen @ thelovecatsINC :

that dress is beautiful!

from,

helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

Maria at inredningsvis.se :

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

dear winsome :

these are so amazing i kind of want to cry..i haven't seen anything like this since our canon beach,oregon trip! my heart aches for the water and mountains..anything really haha good ol midwest nothingness. this outfit is too perfect..that bag! the heel on those shoes!

dear winsome :

oh, and i kind of love matthew..dude has style.

dusanabotswana :

So awesome your man can teach you about all the sea-life, and fun to learn a tad about him on here. You got some amazing shots of it & I adore your outfit - wow, all thrifting w/ such beautiful, hip pieces is amazing!! seriously my dream sandals & can't help but chuckle that 90s is vintage, I'll really feel old when 2000 is hehe.
https://dusanabotswana.com