Brooklyn Heights Promenade

HBG Guest Post Photo 1
HBG Guest Post Photo 2
HBG Guest Post Photo 3
HBG Guest Post Photo 4
HBG Guest Post Photo 5
HBG Guest Post Photo 6
HBG Guest Post Photo 7
Dress- Vintage:: Shoes- Vintage Salvatore Ferragamo:: Purse- 1950s Vintage
I first came across Monique's blog a few years ago and was immediately drawn to her eclectic style and easygoing personality. Much like Annalise and I, Monique shares a love for the city that she calls home. I enjoy reading about her inspiration, personal style, and adventures around New York City. I will be in Big Apple this March, and I hope that our schedules align so I can finally meet the lovely Monique in person.

Hello, Hummingbird Girls readers! I'm Monique of Tipa Tipa, guest posting for Jen while she settles into her new home in the midwest. When Jen asked me to do a guest post, I was really honored and excited. I love Jen and Annalise' vintage style. Their blog is a source of inspiration for me, so when it was time to decide on a dress, I went with this 1950's, plaid, peplum number. I scored this dress at the Brooklyn Flea. I took one look at it and just knew it had to be mine. It was relaxing to take an early morning stroll along the promenade, which was built in the fifties. It is an attraction for both locals and tourists. If it looks a bit familiar, it probably is. It was featured in both Annie Hall and Moonstruck. The promenade provides incredible views of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge. If you're ever in Brooklyn, make your way there. Vintage dress suggested, but not required.

12 comments:

islabell :

I love this!!!! Monique is one of my favorites :) awesome post.
p.s. still missing you Jen
x

Jo - Lost in the Haze :

Monique's blog was one of the first I ever found! <3 Love her style so so so much - here's hoping you guys get to meet up!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

The Jones :

So jealous...this plaid nd peplum combination couldn't be cuter! You look absolutely darling...just adore your style and can't wait to check out your blog :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

CraftRambler :

Adorable!!

Kitsune-kun :

yaay I looooove Monique:)

Kitsune-kun :

yaay I looooove Monique:)

d.h.e.r. :

That dress is amazing. Nuff said.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

Gah, I love Tipa Tipa, and what a phenomenal outfit! I hope you ladies get to meet up soon!

Melissa Sonico :

monique! this post is awesome. those colors are wonderful on you!

mennlay.com :

It's true, I'm gushing with pure joy because Monique izzz da cutest. BUT I'm so happy that I found this blog.

Be back soon,
M

Christina :

Such a beautiful dress... so cool and colorful and not too dressy. I LOVE this, following your blog now for sure.

Crystal Lee :

What an incredible find! I have never seen a 50s suit like it. very unique and the colors look amazing on you.