Goodbye San Francisco

2012
2011
2012
2012
421716_10151232639215323_2035971650_n
The day is finally here. My apartment is empty, the moving truck is packed, and I am leaving shortly after writing this. For me, this blog has been as much about fashion as it is about San Francisco. The city has shaped who I am in regards to style, hobbies, and even my academic interests in feminism and psychology. I've developed a connection to not only the physical space that I call  home but also the imagined realities that I associate with the city. My father first settled in San Francisco in 1965, ready for adventure and a new life away from his upbringing in North Dakota. I fondly look back on his pictures as I imagine what his life was like as he experienced San Francisco for the first time. And while I will encounter new experiences in Ann Arbor, part of me wants nothing more than to stay in San Francisco with my dear friends (especially Annalise) and family that mean so much to me. 

And with a mixture of fear/excitement/wonder, I take one giant step into the future. 

(I'll be checking in here occasionally over the next few weeks, and there are some lovely guest posts lined up until I get settled).

19 comments:

Tinacious Me :

Hope you will have a wonderful experience in Michigan! :)
*www.tinaciousme*

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails :

wonderful photos - but i can feel and distinctly remember how hard it was my last day in my old city with my friends. so bittersweet. good luck in ann arbor!
<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

islabell :

I can't sleep. I miss you boo.

Marlen :

aw this made me sad reading it, so much change! it must be so hard leaving all your friends and family behind but, just like you said, there's plenty of new adventures coming. can't wait to see how ann arbor looks like!

Nila Kussriani :

take care dear on your new home :)

i'm your follower, would you mind to follow me back? :)
xoxo
find me♥
Twitter // Blog // Facebook

JennaStevie :

Awww I bet it's a tough transition, but it'll be good one! You've had such amazing experiences in San Francisco and that's so awesome
xJennaD

Amber :

Hope your move goes as smoothly as possible :)

Michal :

The end of an era. What beautiful memories you have to look back on though! It's incredible how much a city can shape who you are. Good luck with your move, and here's to the many wonderful experiences you'll have in Ann Arbor! xo

lucia m :

great photos! looks like fun!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

KristiMcMurry :

Best wishes with the move!

Caitie Schlisserman :

this post made me a little teary eyed! Such a sweet and honest post. I wish you all the best, Jennifer! Just remember that usually the hardest things in life end up being the right and best things to do. All good things are coming your way!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Jamie Rose :

I'm wishing you the best of luck for your move and your new adventure!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys :

Best of luck with the move and your future in a new town, Jenny. I've moved way too many times and it's always sad saying goodbye to a place, especially when there's a lot of history and memories there, but if we never left we could never have new experiences.

Looks like you'll have some epic reunions on your visits back too. :)

Sarah :

I'm wishing you all the best of luck! Hopefully the new adventures that await you are worth having to leave San Francisco behind (at least for a while). I can't wait to hear about your new place.

Meghan Elizabeth :

Best wishes and internet hugs to your move! I'm excited to live vicariously through you as you go East Coast ;)





<3
Meghan, The Flight of Fancy

Steffys Pros and Cons :

good luck in your move! san francisco will always be waiting for you, and i am sure you will form new bonds with ann arbor. i felt/feel the same about nyc, but have grown to become attached to miami in many different but equally as meaningful ways.

xo!

steffy

Cassie Nafziger :

You guys look like you have so much fun together--friends you'll have for a lifetime. You are blessed! Love these photos!

Zoƫ, Lion Heart Vintage :

So excited for your new adventures! But yes, saying goodbye is so bittersweet (or sometimes just bitter). It's beautiful that you and Annalise have this blog to keep you connected!

mennlay.com :

Ohh, enjoy your journey, sweet-pea. I don't know you, but I've lived in California for 8 years, the Bay Area for 5, after moving here after college. Come November I'm moving back to the East Coast where I'm originally from and as a 29-year-old settled in her ways, I am feeling all sorts of sentimental.

I really can relate and I truly wish you all the best from one stranger blogger to another — Bon Voyage.

xo's,
M