Muir Woods

4
2
5
7
11
9
3
5
5
Dress- 1960s Vintage:: Purse- 1950s Vintage:: Shoes- 1970s Vintage:: Belt- Thrifted
I spent this past weekend nestled among the California Redwood trees of Muir Woods National Monument. Matthew and I took an eight mile hike up Dyson Ridge, and ended our trek near the Pelican Inn just outside Muir Beach. Our surroundings were rather eerie, with the landscape covered in a thick layer  fog and the forest floor damp from the mist overhead. While I clearly did not wear this getup on our hike, I changed into this 1960s shift dress before heading to dinner in Sausalito. We snapped some of these photographs on the way out of the park as the sun was setting and rain clouds were gathering overhead. The landscape pictures were taken during our hike up Dyson Ridge and the surrounding forest in the park. The bright orange lichen was especially surreal in person- so vibrant against the lush green backdrop.

And the winner of the House of Maryanne Giveaway is Carina

16 comments:

Tinacious Me :

what a lovely dress! such a beautiful place to take outfit photos!
~www.Tinacious.Me~

Suzanne Carillo Style Files :

Stunning photos.

Bisous
Suzanne
http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

Sara Sequeira :

Aw, you look beautiful, as usual :)

Marlena :

Woah, this is soo pretty. I bet that orange fungus did look pretty weird in real life, it almost looks like something you'd see in a sci-fi movie (spoken like a true city girl). And that dress is adorable! I love it's shape and lines. And I was to poke fun at you that you made an 8 mile trek in such a dress, but good thing I read ahead ;)

JennaStevie :

These shots are amazing, I love the orange fungus growing on the tree, that's really neat. What an amazing place. And your plaid dress is so awesome, such a great summer piece
xJennaD

rach_t :

Wow. I have complete dress envy. So so good!and what beautiful photos, the backdrop is stunning!x

Caitie Schlisserman :

these photos are beautiful! I love that dress on you too, simple but just adorable and so you!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Caroline :

One of my favorite places!! Love these photos as they are incredibly stunning.

The Jones :

I can't believe how gorgeous it is where you took these photos!!! The moss and fungus and lichen are just the most amazingly fertile and beautiful thing...you photos are breathtaking. Cute dress and purse too :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Monique :

muir woods is so beautiful, it's so lush and green. loving your plaid dress.

katie walker :

gorgeous! and the photos are stunning :)

Kitsune-kun :

this is one of my favorite places ever! awesome photos!

Angela DeCenzo :

I just love this post! The colors are perfect and the tone is so quiet and peaceful. Really lovely!

Jo - Lost in the Haze :

Nothing tops a good ol' forest walk! <3 Jenny, you are a babe!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

dear winsome :

love the plaid and wicker, these detail shots are amazing!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe :

I love the Muir Woods! I felt like I was in the middle of some landscape from Lord of the Rings, haha! It's so ethereal and peaceful! Also, super cute dress! I love the plaid!

-Katie