Pretty Penny

1
2
10
8
11
4
10
3
7
One of the things I enjoy about Northern California is the eclectic vintage community. While I will miss my usual shops with my move to the Midwest, I wanted to share some of the stores I frequent for the best vintage in the Bay Area. Several of my most beloved haunts for vintage are small, independently owned stores scattered throughout Oakland and San Francisco. Pretty Penny, located in the Rockridge District of Oakland, is a favorite of mine due to its highly curated collection of men's and women's vintage clothing, accessories, and shoes. I first wandered into Pretty Penny many years ago when it was housed in a smaller location in Berkeley. Upon perusing the racks, I quickly realized that Sarah, the owner, has a discerning eye for vintage. Unlike other vintage stores in the area, Pretty Penny is attentive to modern trends in its collection of vintage pieces. Since moving to its larger location in Oakland, it has been wonderful to see the business develop into one of the most vibrant boutiques in the East Bay. If you are ever in the area, I highly suggest that you stop in for a look. For those of you who live far away, enjoy the vintage eye-candy of some of my favorite pieces currently in the shop.

Stay tuned for a few more features on my most beloved Bay Area vintage shops over the next few weeks.

12 comments:

kristin @ high socks :

i am nowhere near oakland AT ALL but i follow pretty penny on instagram just to peep all the cool new finds.

Stevia :

ooh so many beautiful vintage clothing!

<3
The Sweetest Escape 
Join The Sweetest Escape x Juerrii Shop Giveaway

Ashley :

This place looks amazing! Makes me want to take a road trip to Oakland :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Sarah :

This makes me want to take a road trip down there just to visit this shop. (:

Vicki :

such a pretty store!! love the hanging frames. :) x

Sharmaine Ruth :

oh geez if only i lived closer! that place looks gorgeous!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

The Jones :

I am so impressed with this shop! I want to make my way over to Oakland just to browse here! I can tell that every piece is so carefully chosen...instead of weeding through for gems, I think I'd be able to pull almost anything off the rack :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Is It Secret, Is It Safe :

oh, what gorgeous photos! i'm sorry to say i've never been to california, but i would love to someday just for that hike! i'm loving the plaid dress, too. :O)
-sarah
isitsecretisitsafeblog.blogspot.com

katie walker :

so cute! and i love how they display the framed dresses!

fawnslove :

Oh my goodness! This shop is only a couple of blocks away from where I'm moving to! I'll definitely have to check it out.

1Dispretty2me :

You guys are all really beautiful and have impeccable fashion! I hope we can be like you in the near future, my friend and I are starting our own blog/site and sites like yours aren't only inspiration but they give us something to look forward to...the possiblity of my best friend and I blogging and fashion-ing[?] even when we reach out 20s and still doing what we love!

1Dispretty2me :

you guys are beautiful and have impeccable fashion. You inspire me not just from the beauty of your blog but from the hope it gave me for the future, a friend and I are starting a fashion blog soon and I'm has really help not only as creative insperation but because I want us to be able to be blogging, fashion-ing[?] and doing what we love even after we've reached our 20s, much love.