Guest Post: New York Times 4

0001_25230002
0001_25230006
0001_25230007
0001_25230008
0001_25230023
0001_25230025
0001_25230027
0001_25230030 - Copy
0001_25230034
Last up in our guest post series is Annie from the lovely blog Time Enough For Drums. I consider Annie to be a kindred spirit of sorts. We've e-mailed back and forth a few times to discuss grad school, and we've discovered our mutual appreciation for gender studies and all things literary. I've been reading her blog for several years now, and it has been wonderful to her transition between several different places in the Midwest and East Coast. With a trip to Chicago in the near future, I can't wait to meet Annie in person over a cup of tea and some vintage shopping.

Hello Hummingbird Girls readers! My name is Annie and I blog over at Time Enough For Drums.  I was so pleased when Jen asked me to guest post for her while she makes her transition to Ann Arbor because her blog has been one of my favorites for several years now.  I hope that now she's in Michigan we might be able to meet up one day considering my home in Chicago is not too far away! 

Like Isla and Monique did in their own guest posts, I'd love to share some city love with a batch of photographs I just developed.  It's also quite fitting considering Jen's own cross-country travels.  I did a bit of moving myself this year -- to New York City!  Though my permanent home is in Chicago, I spent my summer in Brooklyn to complete a two month internship for my Master's degree (Jen and I are both grad school nerds) at my favorite history museum on Manhattan's Lower East Side.  Not only was I living in a city I loved and working at a museum I loved, but I could also practice a hobby I love: taking silly photos.  New York was the best place to experiment with my new SuperSampler camera (though I hope the results aren't too dizzying for you!).  Though I snapped plenty of digital photos throughout NYC's various boroughs, having these film shots to take away with me is probably the best souvenir I could have imagined.  I hope Jen finds Ann Arbor to be equally inspiring for her artistic eye! 

4 comments:

Marlen :

I live in Chicago, how awesome to meet a fellow blogger :D And my dream is to live in NYC, even for a year, but everyone keeps scaring me with the costs. Having lived there, was it really *that* bad? And awesome pictures- I love how film some how makes pictures seem more homey slash personal. Like something you'd see in someone's scrap book.

Sharmaine Ruth :

Looks gorgeous! these photos are so amazing! i love NYC! i miss it so much! everything's photogenic, from the people to the buildings! it's such a beautiful place!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

hannah margaret :

I am so glad she guest posted, I love her blog! Really interesting photos. xoxox

Cambria :

These are super incredible pics...just love the way you've posted them!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com