Leo's First Birthday Party

party pic 1
IMG_6927
IMG_7008
party collage 1
IMG_6844
IMG_6972
IMG_6956
collage 2
IMG_6885
bubbles and balloons collage
IMG_6974
I wanted to share some photos of Leo's first birthday party. He's now almost one and a half! But I was looking through these photos and missing our San Francisco friends, so here it is. Better late than never! 
We celebrated with a bunch of our favorite people at a local park. The weather could not have been better for our "jungle soiree" and no one could believe how warm it was for January. With the sun shining we enjoyed BBQ, beers and lots of laughs. 
When it was time for Leo to have his "smash cupcake" he promptly smashed it right in to the ground. I guess he didn't care that I was up until 1am baking and decorating them. Kids these days! *wink* 
I'm a little bummed that I didn't get more pictures of our cute set up. I bought a couple of hula skirts and attached them to the edge of a 6' table, then covered the top with burlap to create a safari mood and added a colorful bunch of animal print balloons. 
For party gifts my husband had custom made kendama's created that said "Leo's 1st Birthday" and an image of a lion on them. What's a kendama? It's a Japanese wooden ball-in-cup toy. That's Jake holding one in the last photo. Interested? You can get your very own by visiting our shop: Deal With It  

1 comments:

Imaginary Confetti Club :

Those kadamas scare the crap out of me. I feel like I am going to get whacked in the head every time I see someone playing with one. Hahaha.